Metric tyres

But as Maxsport have ISO 9001 for a procedure that ensures they meet E108 and E109 then you are making a product to the same standard as a new tyre.

Reply to
Elder

Working towards means getting assessed and completing relevant paper bollocks, that is all.

Reply to
Elder

Biggest issue with them is, you get 2/3 the life for roughly half the cost, and they can be tricky to balance sometimes. Chunkier the tread, harder they can be to balance.

Reply to
Elder

I'm still a BS auditor, "working towards" means jack shit.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No, ISO9001 doesn't mean that they meet those standards, and TBH the standards really mean very little. E109 is purely for truck tyres, and E108 is full of requirements for labelling and then some very broad-brush requirements for the condition of the carcass.

E108 is more about uniformity of labelling of retreads across Europe than it is about creating a safe product.

And you will find that competition tyres and off-road tyres are exempt from E108.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I traded up to an LS400 after that.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

..........^down

Reply to
Steve Firth

Which BS? Could you audit SteveH, or was it the other one?

Reply to
Elder

Maybe a "whoosh," I don't know.

Reply to
DervMan

Originally BS5750, but nowadays EN29001 and TickIt as well as ISO17799.

I could audit anyone who's company decided to engage me, but mostly I do a fairly restricted range of companies.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I was thinking just simple BS audit would do the job.

Reply to
Elder

Surely they must sell them more on the continent?

Is it worth a day trip?

Reply to
Pikey Paul

'Having' also means jack shit. But with a Logo.

Reply to
Pikey Paul

Fitted a set of Colways to my SD1 a couple of months ago and they're fine. Plenty of grip wet and dry - quiet and comfortable. Better than the Avons they replaced.

Most base their views on remoulds on what their dads told them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Never fly, then. Or go near a truck or bus.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

'm wary of both trucks and buses. And retreads killed Concorde.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I know I certainly do. :)

Reply to
DervMan

But it was full of Germans at the time - meaning the french killed more Germans in one flight than in an entire war...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

When you say competition and offroad, do you mean road legal competition and offroad, or any tyres for competition and offroad?

The only non road legal tyres that C-tyres, Greenway, Colway Motorsport do is the Alligator.

Reply to
Elder

IIRC the wording is "any tyre purchased to be used exclusively off-road".

It's still not much of a standard.

Reply to
Steve Firth