Metric tyres

I *must* stop drinking tea in front of the notebook...

Reply to
DervMan

Wasn't it lazy french workers who couldn't be arsed sweeping the runway that caused the accident?

Reply to
SteveH

Really? were Concorde's tyres made of titanium then?

Reply to
ThePunisher

No, did a piece of titanium pierce the fuel tank?

Reply to
Steve Firth

So by this you reckon a new tyre can't fail in such a way? I've got news for you...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's a bizarre interpretation.

I doubt it.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Really? If 'remoulds' were actually the cause of so many deaths they'd have been banned. Non remoulded tyres can fail in exactly the same way.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes really, to spell it out is shows a weak grasp of probability.

Who said they were "the cause of so many deaths"?

In *exactly* the same way, no it's not likely. Tread delamination really doesn't seem to be a problem for new tyres used within the appropriate speed range on road. Remoulds however appear to fail while being used correctly inflated and within their recommended speed range.

And of course one has to rely upon the quality of the "visual inspection" of the carcass to avoid sidewall blowouts.

I'm happy for other people to buy them, I won't.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What's that go to do with left handed pornstars?

Reply to
Douglas Payne