Michael Park killed in accident in SS15

Michael Park, co-driver for Markko Martin, has died after an accident on stage 15 of Wales Rally GB.

Martin's Peugeot 307 crashed heavily into a tree on Park's side during the 17-mile Margam stage.

Shit...got photo and video of them on Friday. Man, that puts the shivers up me.

Reply to
Conor

damn, frustrates me when I hear stuff like that :(

Reply to
Theo

Yep , not a pleasant thought when you have just met someone.

Also harsh as it may sound I'm glad that the accident happened like it did , with one car going off into a tree rather than involving spectators

Had anyone other than a competitor who was fully aware of the risks been killed I'm sure monday's papers would have been full of "ban this killer sport"

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Fuck off.

Reply to
Bob

Good advice. Sounds like you need to receive rather than give it tho.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Dam Margam is just 2 miles from me

Reply to
Craig Davies

Nowhere near as bad as Chris Moyles this morning. Was coughing through the bloody news bulletin announcing his death on national radio. Not pleasant hearing that if you're a friend or relative.

Reply to
Doki

Welsh police are investigating the accident. We all know how that's going to end.

Reply to
Depresion

Depresion (blank@128.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

SP30?

Nah, Margam's in South Wales.

Reply to
Adrian

Speeding charge? Car had a brake light out so he must be guilty? He was foriegn so his license can't be endorsed without a court case and he has already left the country?

Sorry, sad loss, but I can just see the police treating this as another numpty muppet, instead of a sad loss from a tragic accident involving a highly skilled driver on a closed road.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

And according to news24 a poofballers broken leg was bigger news!

Reply to
Martin

What isn't ?

Coughing... ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

He wouldn't have been reading the bulletin. He can be removed from the transmission via Fader. Instead it seems it was "better quality broadcasting" to have a fat lump of useless lard coughing over a serious news piece, and not giving the family the respect they are due.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Exactly.

Reply to