Mini Usenet Meet - Tomorrow

At the Moto Services (Doncaster North), M180 / M18 . . . if anybody is interested!

Reply to
DervMan

I'll be there with the A6 and the Carlton!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ohh you got it then m8? whats it like?

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Do you reckon the A6 towing the Carlton will be quicker than the Ka, then? :)

Reply to
DervMan

Well I'll have the solid towbar - could try it on the B1225 perhaps :-)

But in response to your question - probably :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Really nice. I don't like to use the words "immaculate" or "mint", but it really is in bloody good condition, bar a very light scratch on the rear wing that will polish out quite easily (I say polish, might have to use a small amount of G3). It's the nice metallic green, with the sports seats, SE spec, with an aftermarket cruise control system fitted (that works very well), and it's been serviced every 6k from new.

I'm popping up to Nottingham to pick up the Audi tomorrow - was going to sell the Carlton on the same trip, but sadly that's not happening now, so I'll chuck that on ebay, but as far as tomorrow goes, whoever comes will get the pleasure of meeting both cars!

Crikes, I really need to get rid of some cars - the Omega's in a mate's street, the Fiesta's still at the Ford dealer, currently just the Carlton on the drive, but the Audi's going to be there soon, and the Fiesta's going to need to come back home as well. !!! AAaaaaaaaah!!!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

AstraVanMan waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

The soon to be Biturbo V8 Sierra has a towbar...

could try towing the A6 towing the Carlton against the Ka...

as long as someone sponsors me for a new diff.

Reply to
Pete M

AND?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I've got one as well, shall we see how fast the Ka is towing the Volvo?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

LOL :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Am I the only one with a vision of a KA at a 30% angle from the ground with the front wheels spinning slowly in the air?

Reply to
Depresion

Easy Tim - do I hint a touch of aggression there? Maybe not!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

have you sorted the fiesta problem then?

Reply to
dojj

you have GOT to show me this car when it's up and running :)

Reply to
dojj

yes :) I was thinking that the ovlov weighs more than the Ka by a fair amount, and you wouldn't even be able to tow the trailer that you needed to carry the ovlov with the Ka, let alone the ovlov ON IT"!!!!!!! :)

Reply to
dojj

Well without type approval or chassis mounting points, there will be no tow bar on the Ka. :(

Reply to
DervMan

peice of rope around the back bumper?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

don't be daft lad! they have towing eye things they can screw onto little hole in the bumper :)

Reply to
dojj

not as much fun. Good fun driving after the meet in the heavy rain aquaplaning through puddles seeing if we can get Astravanman to write both of his cars off....

Oh - and Pete - \try to keep up...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

LOL - that'd be just fantastic - two cars blown up, two written off!!! You wouldn't read about it, would ya!

Heh - some of us were in lardy old 115bhp Carltons you know :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan