most exspensive oil filter ever!

Unfortunately thats not true. They tend to ignore 3 points if coupled with an SP30. It depentds what code they actually prosecute him under.

They wont ignore the higer codes (SP50 and above)

Reply to
Mason

Hehe. A post that starts with "Unfortunately thats not true" and then proceeds to get just about everything wrong.

Hint: if Vamp gets a SP50 for speeding on the A130, he's got an instant 'get out of jail free' card.

Reply to
Grant

I didnt say he'd get an SP50, I said insurance compaines dont tend to ignore SP50's and above.

Your telling me just because he only got three points his insurance wont go up for 99 in a 60?

I purely picked SP50 as an example.

Let me be clearer. Insurance comanies dont ignore thre points, they ignore SP30's (sometimes)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Any evidence for that or you just guessing?

After my SP50, my premium didn't change.

Wrong.

Reply to
Grant

I didnt say he'd get an SP50, I said insurance compaines dont tend to

After my SP30 my premium didnt change. After a friend doing 96 on the M1 his premium did.

It depends on the insurer, the code used etc etc

not in all cases. you can get three points with a dangerous driving/driving without due car etc. they won't ignore that

Mason

Reply to
Mason

He wouldn't have done where i used to work, as i said though, depends on the company.

Reply to
DanTXD

Well, no, because you'd get 3 points, plus a few more for those things usually :) They're not keen on anything with drink in either.

Reply to
DanTXD

I did a similar thing about a year ago. I was doing a road rally and was happily tootling along and i saw some lights come up behind me. I thought 'i'm not having that' so put my foot down and lost him down a windy little lane. Stopped at a give way a couple of miles away and saw the blue lights coming round a bend. Turned out to be a copper in a lil panda car :( Got a slap on the wrist and if he saw me again driving to fast he was gonna charge me.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Didnt seem to make any difference with me.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

and that's THE way to look at it!!!

well IMHO anyhows

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

have some Imodium in the glovebox just tell the officer "when you got to go, you got's to go" I know of 2 people who have been let off for this, cautioned and made strange contortions of themselves but dioreha is good enough for Alex then it's good enough for them

Reply to
dojj

then you found out it was calibrated in belgium and was kph and noy mph :)

Reply to
dojj

if it's a panda you can just outrun them they can't prove that you were breaking the law because they will only have one officer to call and you against him again, been given a telling off for this sort of behaviour but never had a ticket once :) hate it when they know it's a NSL road and they decide they want to travel at 30 mph overtake them and then let them chase you like f*ck am I getting out of the way if they can't keep up :)

Reply to
dojj

Heh, i think there was 2 officers out though. Memory is a bit hazy though. Once i saw the blue lights i did think 'f*ck it, lets go', but it wouldnt have been hard to work out who i was (they were patrolling the event route), and then i'd been in even more trouble.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What Mason said is correct - it's the *offence* that is (sometimes) ignored, not the points.

As an example :

3 Points SP30, will usually be ignored.

3 Points for Drink Driving (if you could get a mere 3 points), will most certainly NOT be ignored, and they'll ram your premium WAY up.

X number of points does not equate to an X percent premium rise. It's totally dependent on what the offences were.

Reply to
Nom

As above, it depends on the offence. If you'd got 6 points for drink driving, you're insurance would go up a BUNCH more than if you'd got a pair of 3-point SP30s :)

Reply to
Nom

Yep. Remember, as long as you only get busted twice every four years, you're fine. A pair of trivial 3-pointers doesn't affect your insurance much at all (20% loading on mine, for an SP30 (45mph in a 30mph) and a TS20 (overtaking on double white lines)) and they get cleared from your license after four years (or is it five ?).

Anyhow, my SP30 vanishes from my license this month, and my TS20 will be gone in 18 months, so I'll be due a couple of convictions soonish :)

Reply to
Nom

This is my view too. If they catch you and establish that you have insurance, etc, not carrying drugs, guns, not drunk, and so forth, they'll either give you a ticket or, more likely, they didn't have the speed kit fitted, they didn't bother to turn it on as they assumed you were fleeing, it's their word against yours, etc, and they'll basically let you off with a lecture. Experience favours this result, anyway, though times may have changed.

Whereas if you run away, they'll have your number car type and colour, and they and their mates will all be looking out for you from that point on, with the expectation that when they do force you off the road, they will find a body in the boot / ten kilos of nose candy, etc, etc. This would be *far* more annoying, because they would keep stopping you on suss as failing to find the guns the next time just makes them more keen.

Reply to
Questions

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com, Conor slurred :

Um? It would seem that any other breed are very rare - pretty much the only police I see now are traffic cops or at football matches.

Surely you must see dozens every day as you trundle up and down the motorways?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

And just to confirm the point bout generalistions, I know of

Reply to
Grant