my car is the best because...

My E270Cdi is the best because:

It's comfy and quiet with good ride It'll outhandle most other things its size, and drift on demand Has cruise for motorways, and limiter for camera alleys Looks understated and refined Is economical, yet can run all day at over 100mph if law and conditions allow Seats four in comfort

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

lol

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

mine was so quiet, the wetwang ducks never even noticed it and crossed without looking.

Reply to
Elder

S'cos the ones that hadn't been sucked into my side pods had been deafened by my exhaust :-p

Reply to
Iridium

They looked on in their new silent world and thought wistfully to themselves "You know, out of all those cars, if I could drive, I'd buy an MX-5." as I drove away though.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

And any left over got knocked unconscious by flying coolant caps from my Golf.....

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

What he said, less the cart springs, plus PAS, plus a v8. Yay for me!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What he said, but with better weight distribution, 'cos the gearbox is at the back, minus the V8, plus better EFI and VVT which give up to

40mpg economy on a run, whilst still giving you decent performance if you venture further than the green bit on the rev counter.
Reply to
SteveH

I'd much rather spend the extra on fuel and have the SD1, in fact, I think the SD1 Vitesse is my favourite out of everything I've ever owned and quite possibly driven.

Reply to
Pete M

Mines the best because it's mine. I took it to bits, I nearly put it back together, I know some of the nuts and bolts...

Reply to
Doki

LOL, track day car and you're worrying about fuel economy? What was I saying t'other day....?

In the new year I hope to have a new carb, which should give much more power, more torque and maybe slightly better economy. I'll take a v8 with that over 2.0 4 pot thanks! ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Means you don't have to fill up whilst at the track.

In fact, I can drive there, do a day and drive back without putting any extra fuel in it.

It'll still be a non-Vitesse SD1, though :-P

Reply to
SteveH

Me too, get it slammed, ceramic brake pads and it will fly.

Stick in sports mode and it will hold upshifts until 6k revs. Take off the overdrive and I should be able to pursuade it to give single figure MPGs if I blat it arround.

Take off the TRC and I might be able to replace the body roll with "controlled" oversteer.

Reply to
Elder

Meh, like I care. I don't get the dodgy unreliable EFI system, just the induction noise of a 4 barrel carb and the burble of the RV8 connected to a nice fat stainless steel exhaust!! Suspension is already upgraded past Vitesse spec (well, the front is a bit dodgy TBH though and could do with some more dampers). I've got the Vitesse rear spoiler sat in the garden. Wheels are easyish to get hold of. I like my interior how it is (sexy 80s blue armchairs). brakes could do with upgrading eventually, but again not too difficult. And then I'll have an SD1 in the spec I want that'll keep up with a Vitesse. Job job'd

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Careful, it might cost more than the car is worth.

Reply to
Elder

The SD1 is a toy, though, not something that'll be driven into the ground hacking to and from work.

Different rules apply to toys.

Reply to
SteveH

And if he keeps the rev counter in the green, he can get to work and back on a single tank of fuel...

Anyway I thought you were happy about Carl and his car? Several posts ago you told us you were.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I use my toys on a daily basis, so which rules should I go by?

Reply to
Pete M

Likewise. I buy cars for interesting driving pleasure, not corporate bean counting.

They might not be the fastest, or best handling, or nicest looking. But they might kill an accountant at 20 paces.

The rangie was fun simply for being stupid. The Celsior for being far too fast for a Detached house. The Celica for handling like a go-cart. The Saab Convertible just for 100mph wth the roof down. The first Saab for being my first turbo car and getting to love the slight throb to the small of the back. The Estelle and the Favorit were just because they were different, especially the Estelle.

The only boring car I had was the Octavia. And the most driving that got was going to watch my mother slowly die.

Reply to
Elder

My filosophy: use the toy the most conveniant for the game you want to play.

Multi-purpose toys like the Swiss army knife can help you out of trouble but only McGyver cuts a tree with it. For cutting a tree a chainsaw works a bit better.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor