my poor baby!!!

went to give the car a bit of a tick over and put the beast into the garage. hit my remote start button on my key fob and a lil click and nothing! i decide to do it the old fashioned way and get into the car and turn the key :) it clicks and nothing :( so popped down the road to the local auto shop and come back with jump leads thick enough to turn over a monster truck :)

got the beast volvo with it's 2.4 diesel lump as i knew that would jump a MR2 turbo with easy! could probably jump it off the radio of the volvo! but decided to use the special jump point in the engine instead :-P

volvo ticking over with it's 2.4 diesel-ness and one flick of the key in the MR2 turbo and it starts instantly woo! gave it a few revs (to annoy the neighbours) let it run for a while, put it into the garage and once warmed up gave it a couple of revs to about 3k rpm just to hear the turbo dump some air hehe. gonna well miss the car but my own fault for not being mature enough with it in the first place and getting carried away with the power :(

gonna try get my dad on the insurance so he can give it the odd run for me to keep the old girl charged and running hehe.

bored now nothing to bloody do when you can't drive!!!

Reply to
Vamp

Take out the battery and connect it to a charger for a couple of days. Then leave it disconnected until you are likely to use it. If your afraid about car getting nicked remove the ecu or fuel pump relay or something....

Reply to
Ed

good advice didn't think of that! should be ok car is garaged at the moment and i'd probably keep the battery on charge in the house somewhere to be safe!

Reply to
Vamp

Spend 2 months pissed!!

Update on your old mk1 - just got a text saying the gearbox has expired and it's waiting for a flatbed to arrive! :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

World of Warcraft...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

funny you should say that, was a bit pissed last night but anyway.....

my MK1 is slowing coming to an end it seems. weird though as the gearbox always felt so solid! didn't have the popping out of 5th gear prob or anything like most get.

Reply to
Vamp

But is was whining pretty bad. And since I've sold it to Andy he's done an autotest (and drove it VERY hard) plus a few road rallies and a bit of white roading! Apparently it stripped the teeth on 2 or the gears. Personally I thought the front wheel bearings would have gone first and they sound like they were about to implode!

Anyways, means we can get a few spare parts :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

hehe think if i could ever have a second car i'd go for another MK1 MR2 never had as much fun since even at 119mph :)

Reply to
Vamp

I wouldnt - charge the battery outside. Much safer.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

good thinking cheers ed! :)