i want one of these! V8 spitfire!

Nice idea, however, that's gotta f*ck up the weight distribution.

Reply to
SteveH

I haven't looked at it due to my pc being utterly Melvinned, but if it's the Rover lump, it's probably lighter than something like a GT6 motor...

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:c4GJg.187307$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

"A 5.7 litre (350 cu. inch) Chevrolet V8 is fitted. The spec includes a Edelbrock performer-plus camshaft, Holley 600cfm 4-barrel carburettor and MSD ignition equipment with a flying magnet crank trigger....

....For drag-racing, removeable plates are fitted to allow running with open headers. In this spec the engine is expected to produce in the region of

300bhp and 360 lb/ft of torque at just 3,000rpm! The cast iron heads have now been replaced with Edelbrock RPM aluminium heads, and the cam shaft has been matched to the new heads. This should take the power to about 400 BHP with about the same amount of torque."
Reply to
DanTXD

It's not, it's a 5.7l Chevvy lump.

That's gotta weigh a bit.

Having looked at it, there's nothing over the arse other than the fuel tank.

Reply to
SteveH

I don't like the look of that chassis, and the pictures 2/3 down look a bit scary.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Apart from the fact the bonnet won't fit?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
David Billington

Looks like a bit of an abortion of a hot rod type thing, built using a rotten Spitfire shell..............The chassis is going to tie itself in knots, and the front suspension is a complete joke..............

Why oh why do people waste their money on building crap like this.............?

Reply to
Kenny

Because they can. Why oh why do you waste your life posting crap like you do?

Reply to
straggle

  1. because they have the money (which you probably haven't) and because it 's their money.
  2. because they dream and try their dream. Dreaming is fine, realising them is better.
  3. because once and a while out of a shed rolls a spectacular car which is the envy of everbody and creates a new industry. Ultima, Marcos, TVR or even Robin Reliant ring a bell? I saw the Marcos-"factory" some 10 years ago, it was a joke but yet they made sportcars.
  4. The V8 spitfire may be crap, may have a rotten front suspension. Goes to remind you that most probably -partly due to your comments and mostly due to your capabilities- your will never drive, let alone own, a car which performances will beat that Spitfire. So you must feel really great...

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

The Spitfire looks like a deathtrap to me..................what possible use it could ever be put to is hard to fathom!

As to performance I think any decent 600cc motorcycle would leave that heap for dead, in common with nearly every other road car around!

Kenny

There is no standard motorbike on earth that can go down the average British B Road faster than decent car unless the rider's had a lobotomy. They might be just about as fast around a track as a road legal track car, but on a bumpy twisty road with no run off, you'd have to be mental to be able to beat even a 106 GTi.

Reply to
Doki

In common with the majority of those that post here you seem to talking out of your arse!

If you wanted to take a car on twisty B roads, a 500cc supermoto would be more than enough to do the job!

Kenny

Agreed. The 206 is hardly a track day weapon, but it can be punted down a twisty lane, or most rounds around here cos they're all curvy and bumpy, faster than my 600 Hornet can.

Reply to
DanTXD

i agree a fast road car is totally different to whats fast on the track! and performance bike + bumpy road = not good for rider! bump that back wheel out to much on a bend and ouch!

Reply to
Vamp

With someone like you riding the Honda, I cant see it being all that quick!

KenT

Interesting perspective coming from someone who cant ride a motorcycle at all, and who seems to think a spammed up V8 Spitfire is desirable in some way!

KenT

Oh look another Chris Stevens "I don't use socks" sock.

Reply to
straggle

Amusing coming from someone who posts using a remailer, and who is supportive of child abusers...........

Richard