Nicely surprised by the ITR

I took the Integra to Brands Hatch yesterday for an open pitlane trackday with some instruction. I had an external instructor (Ben Elliott, highly recommended) booked for the whole day in an attempt to help me overcome my dislike of FWD.

Well, we partially succeeded and it looks like the ITR will do me for the rest of the year. Track preparation mainly consisted of a good service (plus replacing some components like the clutch that were DOA anyway). Oh, and slinging a set of lightweight wheels with R888s on it.

Surprisingly enough the suspension coped pretty well (JackH's tame mechanic was betting that I'd be ordering new suspension after the track day) but the brakes do need looking at. While they didn't fade, they did get rather hot and a started juddering after about 10 minutes. They were fine once they've cooled down but that needs looking at...

Reply to
Timo on tour

First thing I'd check is that any factory ducting is still there. VW fit them to a few of their cars and they tend to disappear, generally whilst going through a ford or hitting a deep puddle at speed.

Reply to
Doki

Good point. Still, at least some uprated pads wouldn't go amiss I wager.

Reply to
Timo Geusch