nissan 200sx

Ah true.

Reply to
Elder

Parts a not an issue with Nissan. The staff in some dealers parts stores can be an issue. I fitted Ebay tail lights, these are for the

180SX made from 1996-1998, it has a different rear finisher panel below the lights. It's a part for a version that was only sold in Japan. I went to my local parts place gave him the part number and 3 days later the panel arrived from Nissan's Belgium stores.

Rust is an issue that must be dealt with on all 200SX. Tailgate, front chassis rails and rear sill jacking points are worst. The S14's are just are not that old yet.

Where you in 1991? You should have told Don Nimi that, you could have stopped him using a 240SX to come 1st= (with a TR8) in the Canadian national auto slalom championships C stock class. The 240SX is a

200SX with a 2.4L N/A engine that's heavier and 15bhp down on the 1.8 UK engine, it also has a 4 wheel steer system. Don must be a "driving god" to get a poor handling unbalanced car to beat a RX7 into 2nd, MX5 into 3rd and the perfect 50/50 weight split Porsche 944 into 4th.
with a turbo some 14 years later the same car came back on 2005 toget 1st again but in D/SP class. Mainly up against modern 4wd Sti andfwd Acura.

Peter Hill

i do like my jap crap! how the f*ck did i end up with an E36 BMW! haha

Reply to
Vamp

Don't say we didn't warn you....

Reply to
SteveH

i don't remember anyone saying not to get one :) seem to remember some guy called SteveH thinking it was a blinding idea, sure it was steveh :-D

Reply to
Vamp

You wanted something smooth and quick, not fast to save your license and appear more grown up.

Some here said get a Lexus LS, or something RetroJ like a Laurel/Cressida/Crown/Century/(Datsun)Skyline, but it was booed down as being unreliable and likely to be a money pit at the age they are.

Hmmmm.

Reply to
Elder

I thought it was a good idea because it was pimp and didn't look s**te like the crap most others were suggesting :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

and insurance was a bummer but come the last reknewl it went down 400 notes!

Reply to
Vamp

With a heavier engine, and 4 wheel steering, it would also have different suspension back and front. At the front, if nothing else it would have uprated springs and dampers. All of which could, and would IMO, make it a totally different car to drive than a std 200SX 1.8 turbo. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

And does it need to be? Was the TR8 a notoriously well handling and well balanced car? That came equal first. I'd suggest the car makes rather less difference to the results than PH implies it does.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

That's not really the point. As I understand it, Peters reply was being put forward as an indication that my opinion of a 200SX turbo was incorrect. As his example of the car was fundamentally different, I don't see why it should cause me to think twice about my initial impression of a std 200SX. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Looks like I need a turbo hover for that extra bit of boost.

Peter Hill Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header Can of worms - what every fisherman wants. Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

Reply to
Peter Hill