O/T: Kids

Kids, Good thing/Bad thing. Will those 'life experienced' older members please discuss.

Matt

**_**
Reply to
Matt

Oops :) I smell a bun in the oven :)

The blond or the red-head?

Reply to
Dan405

What are they for? Or good for?

You cant eat one, you cant smoke one, they just take up valuable space. Cant see ANY positives...

Some of my websites...

Burgerman - John C Williamson

Reply to
Burgerman

Nice, but couldn't eat a whole one.

Seriously... I think they are a big responsibility that many people don't take into account...

Reply to
Mark Craft

Kiss the nice cars goodbye. Puke on seats stinks. Mud and litter everywhere. No money. Answer you back. You forget what life was like without them after a while.

Reply to
yeha

i wouldn't have them, adopt an 18 year old to save time :-D

Reply to
Vamp

Okay so an overwhelmingly positive response then ;-).

Matt

Reply to
**-**

If congrats are in order (reading between the lines...)

Congratulations!!!

Sprogs can be great fun and a wonderfull source of ammusement.. they also tend to cause many headaches and sources for heartbreak...

however being a parent IS the most rewarding thing ive ever done!! and as a Bloke dumped with the sprog (because, in the now Ex wifes own words "she doesnt fit into my life plans now" or something on a very similar vein..) having brought up a sprog single handedly from 3 - 8 (and she lucky at mo of she reaches 9) i can hand on heart say.. they change your life forever.. not all for the better... but id NOT go back to a life without mine!!

There you go an honest appraisal of life with kids...

NOW Vamp how bout your sister??? lol

Mark

Reply to
Lostin1999

Possibly

Thanks.!!

Bit like the 900 then ;-)

Much appreciated, Really very much appreciated.

Reply to
**-**

I'd go along with that :-)

I can hand on heart say.. they change your life forever.. not all for the better... but id NOT go back to a life without mine!!

I'd go along with that too. I found it bloody hard work to get used to, but once I did, it's bloody great. And even at 2 she can tell the difference between a Saab, a 2CV and a Mondeo.. she prefers the Saab of course..

Congrats!

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Got two, and as others have said I wouldn't be without them, they are not the burden people seem to think they are yes you do get tied down with them, but it is a case of wanting to, more than having to. and watching them grow and learn is an amazing experience. get yourself a famaily car, then get yourself a 2seater toy to play with in your free time (not that you will have much LOL) good luck mate Yoda Out

Reply to
Yoda Of Borg

Dont even think about it until you are in your early 30's. You need to have at least attempted living some life and I wouldnt go into it without at least £8k in the bank. Make sure you are on the property ladder too with enough room to house them all!

Reply to
Ricky Gervais

Got one daughter, best thing I ever did. Brought the missus and I much closer together too. she was born when I was 28, missus 29. OK it's hard work, but there is no way on earth I'd be without her! Very rewarding, great fun once you get used to it and no where near as hard work/burden as everyone makes out.. Go for it, you won't regret it one bit, I guarantee.

All the best!

Mike

PS Go in a bookshop and check out "Toddler Taming" by Dr Christopher Green. Best book out there by far. All common sense help and advice, not politically correct bullshit like most of the books. Really recommend it.

Reply to
Mike P

Nope, disagree on you with this one.

If you spend your life waiting for the "moment," or the "right time," you've probably already missed it

That's why, when I met Charlie for the first time, proper, like rather than on t'internet, I pretty much proposed there and then. We later formalised this proposal, but it was there and then.

No time like when you least expect it.

Reply to
DervMan

Dervy your story is spookily familiar to mine...

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Good work I say! I figured I wasn't going to let this wonderful person escape! :)

Reply to
DervMan

You been careless or just decided to take the plunge?

BTW, it's not an excuse to get rid of a nice car - buy a small cheap Astra for ferrying the kids around, keep the Elise / Caterham for when you're not. And if it's a girl by the time she's 4 or 5 she'll love the idea of a drop top so get that BMW, Astra or Volvo and pose like mad. A boy (if dragged to enough race meetings) will love anything noisy with a turbocharger.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Bollocks. Kids and family are what you make them not what you've got. Bunk beds means two to a room is no problem (we have two girls and two boys in a small 3 bed). Have them young and you can live your life when they leave home and you've no mortgage and can buy / insure a ferrari / lamborghini / porsche / Merc / Aston / Whatever. They can go and live places you can visit for free. Spend EVERY minute and penny you can on them giving them opportunities and education. Develop them into individuals with character, opinion and strength.

There's no formula, but above are two opposing views that both work.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp