Oh my fecking good god...

I want it :D The *ultimate* sleeper. Looks like a complete shed :D

Reply to
DanTXD

So, if I am honest, do I...

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury... how much do you reckon it'll go for?

Reply to
JackH

Perhaps because it is?

Reply to
SteveH

LMAO registered as a 1.3 so cheap tax hmmm aint you ment to tell them it has a 2litre in it now? tosser!

Reply to
Vamp

The vehicle on offer is my 2.0l Turbo Maestro Van. This one off conversion is based on a standard 1.3 bodyshell meaning you still get cheap tax and insurance!

means id avoid like the plague..

wonder what DVLA will say when you suddenly tell them its a 2l n not a 1.3?

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Lostin1999 decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Why? I was doing this with 2.0 Mk2 Escorts for years. If the engine is new, as he says, then it'll have a receipt.

Nothing, just send off the logbook with the new engine number and cubic capacity.

The insewerance may well be a different matter.

Reply to
Pete M

me too, in a kinky, sort of long grubby raincoat wearing kind of way. IIRC, the Maestro turbo was quicker to 60 than a Ti!

I reckon about £750..

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

I'm sorry Mr [put your little name right here] but it seems you have .. err .. one or two undisclosed modifications ... I'm afraid we won't cover you for that lotus you just demolished.

Reply to
jeremy

Should be only up for spares. Once a Maestro starts breaking windscreens that's the end of it. The body is structurally weakened.

Hence it being sold with a cracked one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I reckon around the £700-800 mark possibly.

I like this bit though: "This one off conversion is based on a standard 1.3 bodyshell meaning you still get cheap tax and insurance!".

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Probably "what's the engine number?".

It's the insurance I'd worry about.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

"Thanks for telling us".

Not much else, I'd imagine, unless the new engine number was listed as stolen and not recovered.

Is there actually any difference in the tax there anyway? Just 160 quid either way AFAICS. Gonna make a difference to the insurance, particularly if you don't tell them until you want them to pay for your claim... :)

Reply to
Questions

Under 1550cc is cheaper to tax so if it's been used like that on the public road it's fraud. About £50/year * 10 and may crush the car.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Depends how it cracked in the first place...

Reply to
JackH

Call me cynical, but if someone sells a vehicle with a fault like that which is an MOT fail, but implies it's an easy fix, why didn't they do it before sale?

Maestros are notorious for cracking their screens when the structure is weakened, and having had a Montego front fitted may have aggravated the problem if badly done.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The point is, maybe a stone cracked it. I'm not saying what you say is wrong, but this does tend to happen from time to time, whatever the vehicle, if it's actually driven now and again.

The other point is, it's an, albeit 'different', old van - maybe they're selling it because money is tight on the ground, or they simply can't be arsed to source a new screen for it.

Personally, I doubt it has an insurance on it at the mo, hence the reluctance to sort out a new screen - you can't get much easier a fix, than paying your excess in return for a nice shiny new windscreen, fitting inclusive... after all, given they've made the great ebay public aware it's cracked, they can bid what they feel it is worth, taking into account the fact it will need a new screen in the future.

It's not the first time I've seen something for sale with a cracked screen, anyway...

I've had plenty of Maestros, (van and hatch), and Montegos.

I've never had to replace a screen in any of them, even the more structurally challenged ones.

Reply to
JackH

Not been structurally challenged enough, then. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)