Oi remus

just buy the bloody nexia :)

pick up a cheap gte 16v or cav gsi for a couple of hundred and drop the engine into the nexia

you get sleeper looks a lack of astra rust 156 bhp as standard and depending on who and where u insure it a premium less than a gte's :)

*ask burgerman for advice about teh insurance he done sommat similar with a sierra and a rvr v8

or just go the whole hog and buy a cheap cav/cally turbo and hey presto 200 brake nexia :)

theres a few cally T's on migweb atm sub 1000 pounds

have a butchers

Reply to
Rob

Well I wouldnt actually use the 16v engine at first, I would rebuild it with the best componants I can afford, and use a 1.8 8v Opel Kadett engine I already have with all the 16v running gear. I don't really want to spend £1k on a turbo since they cost a hell of allot to fix if something goes wrong, plus I won't be able to get insured on it at all. It's not a weekend car i'm looking for Rob.

The Nexia is very limited aesthetically, although I emailed the Czech owner of a Nexia with Skoda Octavia bumpers to ask just how hard they are to fit. I'm not really a fan of the sleeper look tbh i'm too vain.

I've got a nice set of alloys, a pair of strut braces i've seen on ebay and a peco big bore 2 exhaust that a freind offered me for £40 lined up for it that will keep me more than happy mod wise for now.

Ok i've decided, it's official i'm going to be driveing a Daewoo, I never thought I would be saying that! I actually know a guy who is selling a 16v for £300 thats a bit rusty I could buy it and stick all the running gear on the Nexia...

Look's like a mint 16v gte project is going to have to wait :)

Reply to
REMUS

don't you dare get that peco s**te! better off having a hole in the back box of the current one!

Reply to
Vamp

box of the current one!

Well what should I go for? And whats wrong with peco?

Reply to
REMUS

You make me angry.

Reply to
DanTXD

lol, i've never owned a peco back box. But I guess that these responses indicate there is a link to chav/kev'ness or peco are just shit?

Reply to
REMUS

ESPECIALLY their Big Bore range. It will be too loud, look crap, and rot in about 2 weeks. SERIOUSLY, don't do it. Please.

Reply to
DanTXD

investigate the links between a nexia system and a astra system

i happen to have a stainless magnex system of a gte 16v if your interested

full system

yours for a ton :)

Reply to
Rob

Ok fair enough, I just did a little search on ebay for a scorpian back box or somthing and i saw a couple of exsamples that are quite badly rusted.

Reply to
REMUS

Yeah but will that fit on a 1.5 Nexia... if you agree to pay for the return postage incase it doesnt fit then sure I have the money waiting in my bank :)

Reply to
REMUS

Why the smiley?

Do your homework first, and then do the deal if it will fit without too much aggro - you're asking someone to not only go through all the hassle of packaging something up to get it to you, you're also asking them to fund part of your folly if it turns out it won't fit.

Not the way it's done really, is it.

Reply to
jack hackett

Me 2. Despite Remus claiming he doesn't wear a baseball cap, the chavdicator goes off the scale whenever he talks about cars.

Remus, if you must drive some pile of s**te, keep it to yourself, eh? And if you want a better exhaust try Janspeed. OTOH just forget it, a different exhaust will do bugger all for performance.

You want a KevCar, go build one. But if you do, don't fool yourself that people you pass buy are giving you admiring glances, they're thinking "look at that tit."

Reply to
Steve Firth

ROTFL... oh so harsh... but oh so fair :-D

Reply to
jack hackett

I really don't see why you give me so much grief over cars. I would like to own a really nice car but I have to make do with what i've got, the reason I choose the Daewoo is due to the fact that:

1) I like the colour (really dark gun metal gray, almost black) 2) It is in pretty much perfect condition, no rust, dents or malfunctions 3) Ok it's basically an astra but it's better looking... erm i think :) 4) I know the car, I could go buy a Pug XSi 8v and end up having to spend another £500 on parts to get it working properly. 5) I'm 19 and can't get insured on anything that I would really like to drive.

If you expect me to tip toe around you like your some woman "at the time of the month", afraid you might have an outburst because I don't follow your code of modding. Then you are sadly mistaken. Whats wrong with getting a nice exhaust note and a little cosmetic lift with a back box + some nice alloys, a strut brace to stiffen up the ride (maybe some shocks and springs later too), just to personalise it a little and make the car my own.

I think you need to get over yourself "mate" and stop being so tetchy, you don't have to read the thread and you sure as hell don't have to reply to it.

Reply to
REMUS

I miss read his orginal post, I read it as "investigated the links between a nexia system and a astra system". Since I know for a fact the 16v astra has a large bore exhaust than the rest of the range and the likelyhood of it fitting is virtually nil.

Thus it was a cynical reply meaning I have the money for the transaction but it is going to cost you, since I know there is no way it will fit on the car hence the "if you agree to pay for the return" comment and the smiley.

Screw it i'm going to bed :)

Reply to
REMUS

Because you're acting like a 17 year old k*****ad. FFS get a bloody clue.

Then drive the Daewoo, just don't try to knock it into any shape other than the one it is in. It won't improve it it will just make you look like a sad bugger.

Err, I don't have "a code of modding". You can make a decent car out of almost anything - just look at the Lada that Top Gear got knocked up, I think it was Top Gear. Just bear in mind that the cost of the mod plus insurance will outweigh the value of the car. Modding an old nail as a joke or a show off of your talent is a great idea, but it's a hobby for someone with either waaaaaaayyy more money than sense or someone who has real talent with steel.

Because you'll end up like every other knobheaded kid who thinks tacking on some tacky aftermarket crap is the way to make a good car. It's not.

It's a hobby. If you dont' want people to comment on what you write either think a bit before you write it or don't write it. And stop being such a Shirley Temple.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Peco - It's Chav-tastic :o)

Seriously crap quality and the exhaust note produced is your typical Nova SR noise,

Reply to
Mason

Oh FFS remus wise up. Read what you wrote in the first paragraph quoted above.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Something cheap undesirable, but goes like shit off a shovel is always a=20 good way to go with cars.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

You mean Peco Acoustics?

Designed purely for max noise and nothing else. Even rage stainless boxes are better than Peco, because they are stainless.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar