OK: Octavia no2 for sale this week.

Back on the Bay again, but haven't had much interest before. Polish Couple from Wales didn't come back. Phoned the Yorkshire bloke who said he would come today. Decides he's=20 found one and forgot to call me.

So, I've started it at =A31500 with a BIN of =A31800. Anyone want it, come up with a sensible offer between the two. I need the cash in the bank yesterday.

2000 W plate Magic black. 2.0 petrol injection. 103k miles interior doesn't look it.
Ebay description pretty much says it all, and you get the MP3 headunit.=20 It's only a Goodmans, but it is better than Skoda/Grundig radio=20 cassette. You get that too.

Comfortable, quick, MOT end of Jan 2008, Tax May 2005 Full stamped service history. Cambelt done at 70k. Full owners pack, both sets of keys.

if you don't want it, pass it on to someone who does. Excellent reliable family car worth hanging onto. But I can't afford. I=20 know I've pissed and whined about it, but I've done that with everything=20 I've had.

Going to miss having everything "just work".

Here are a few locally

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Subway to Sally-Where is Lucky?

Elder

So, I've started it at £1500 with a BIN of £1800. Anyone want it, come up with a sensible offer between the two. I need the cash in the bank yesterday.

2000 W plate Magic black. 2.0 petrol injection. 103k miles interior doesn't look it.
******************************************************* That auction could **really** do with some better photos :-)
Reply to
Iridium

I never get to drive the car anywhere though. No local looks any prettier at this time of year.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Subway to Sally-Where is Lucky?

Elder

*seconded* It would really pay dividends to head out into the hills and get some photos with a decent backdrop. No offence meant, but brick terraces aren't that flattering. Also, trying to get some photos of the interior in good daylight *without* flash would make it look much nicer. There are a couple of typos in the first sentence: 'Too'->'To' and 'then'->'they' If it were me, I'd play down the starter motor thing a bit more, if I mentioned it at all - I can imagine people who fear the gremlins being put off by less..

But yeah, looks decent enough. Good luck with it.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

You want me to drive 40 miles for a photo?

Reply to
Elder

If it flogs your car, it'd be worth it. Even getting someone to lend you a camera with a decent amount of wide angle would help. The pictures of the car look very crowded and give you the impression of not being able to see it properly IMO. And I'd start bidding at < £1k with a BIN.

Reply to
Doki

As has already been said, take out the bit about the starter motor - but I'd also take out any reference to Octavias being used as minicabs.

Reply to
SteveH

I never get to drive the car anywhere though. No local looks any prettier at this time of year.

**************************************

At least pull it out onto the road so you can shoot all round it though, it looks like you're trying to hide something.

Reply to
Iridium

You live 20 miles away from a bit of greenery ?

Reply to
Tony Bond
[snippage]

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything, but seeing as others have,

Go here, to Moss lane:

and get some photies against nice fields and trees and stuff.

Take all the crap out of the car - dice included, and redo the interior shots - ratchet down the front seats so you can get a clear view of the whole dash - may have to open up the boot for this, depending on your camera lens. Take all the stuff out of the door bins too. You want it to look factory-stock, no evidence of you.

Crouch down to take the exterior shots, as cars always look better like that.

Also, what's that thing stuck to the dashboard? Prob want to give that an explanation too - remember, most people are nambies and need everything spelling out & don't want to see any yucky evidence of anything other than themselves in anything they are interested in purchasing...

If you want a hand with some dynamic action shots of the car (ha ha!) just let me know, I'm happy to help.

Also, if the starter works, then, as the others said, don't mention it. If it works, it works.

Reply to
conkersack

It's the clip for the taximeter :-p

Reply to
SteveH

Unless you count Verigris and mould, pretty much if you want car access. Lots of fields but no way of getting a car near without trespassing.

Almost everything local that had plant life growing without it being sponsored by a local firm has been bulldozed for starter homes.

Reply to
Elder

I think it is a mount for a phone/GPS holder. Nothing sticks to anywhere else on the dash, including gaffer tape. I know, because I tried when I needed to hold the GPS widget for my laptop on. Ended up with it just sliding arround at the front of the sceeen because nothing would stick to the dash. I think it must be teflon coated.

Reply to
Elder

And either polish the thing, or at least photograph it whilst wet (not parked on a wet patch though) as others have said with a decent backdrop.

It continues to amaze me people who want to a) sell a car and b) sell it at somewhere near reasonable money can't be arsed to present the thing decently. I'm sorry but £50 spent on a valet *always* returns at least double, if not 5 times the outlay.

Show us all the paper work too.

That would be stickered at £2495 if it were on my yard presented properly.

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..

Local industrial estate or car park when they're empty.

Anything is better than the back yard of a house.

Reply to
SteveH

You want to get one of those Passats, you do. Lovely soft-touch dashes. Should eliminate that problem.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

=A350 on a valet ? f*ck that :)

A wash, a hoover and an interior polish with a non scented cleaner and=20 you're done. Oh, and *no* underbonnet steam-cleaning, that's an instant=20 no-sale if I see that done on a car.

Yer having a laugh, the car looks fine in those pics. Sure the backdrop=20 could be better and a few more shots of exterior bodywork would go down=20 well, but it's clean, it's shiney, the interior isn't grungey.=20

For a long time :)

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It is soft, but slick. Nice solid plastic would work OK.

Reply to
Elder

I usually clean the no-fabric surfaces with simple liquid hand soap=20 disolved in warm water and a cloth. It won't mark or attack the=20 surfaces, it rinses of with another wipe over with a second damp cloth=20 then buff it dry. It isn't overly scented and is dirt cheap.

Yup, and I've just given it wash and chammy today as I have a job=20 interview tomorrow, so if I see somewhere leafy to stop, I'll pop it in=20 there and get some fresh snaps.

That is pretty much the forecourt price for one of those, maybe with a=20 little less miles on, but in similar condition.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Primal Scream-Loaded

Elder

I carry a pack of apple scented disposable wipes in my glovebox.... they do the job and stop my car smelling like a stale ashtray.

Reply to
SteveH