You are all going to slate me for it, but I quite like this.

Not bad spec, diesel, auto and tidy.

Just missing the optional kebab warmer centre console.

Reply to
Elder

Someone appears to have put pedal car wheels on it.

Reply to
SteveH

You must be joking

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No one that enjoys driving could ever even look at that without giggling slightly at the thought of the poor bastard stuck behind the wheel...

Reply to
Iridium

I'll raise you: Slow, thirsty, expensive to fix and nightmare to work on.

Just imagine what the neighbours will think!

(c;

Reply to
Douglas Payne

With an average speed during my 25 miles each way commute of 17miles an hours on a good day including 3 motorways, do you reckon driving is at all enjoyable at the moment.

Mid engined and 4x4 without the massive Rangie wallow might be intersting.

Don't see what the problem is?

Smaller than the monster, with more leg room.

36-40mpg. Mechanical parts are the same the Previa, and readily available off the shelf, engine parts are the same as the other cars/vans using the 2.2 TD engine.
Reply to
Elder

your insane, the wheels are to small and it's got one of them bus mirrors on the back for f*ck sake! why ANYONE would want a MPV without a family i don't know!

now if you was talking mitsi delica that would be cool as there well good off road :)

i personally don't like anything i have to step up to get into.

still all to there own at the end of the day and at least it's jap i suppose

Reply to
Vamp

You mean the ones who moved out leaving 3 sofa in the garden, or the ones who still live there so only have two.

Reply to
Elder

Get a Dolomite sprint. I spent a while researching them after the last Top Gear. I think Dolomite Sprint, with a Civic Type R engine and 'box would be so awesome :D

Reply to
Iridium

Those bus mirrors are useful. They didn't fit parking sensors till they took them off.

You can really park close with them things. Have you seen how much shit you can load into one of them things, either crap to the tip, or fetching DIY stuff from B&Q.

When we re-rendered the back yard this summer it took 8 trips for sand and cement. That is a lot of petrol in the monster. I could have done it in one or two trips with the 3rd row seats folded away, and the captains seats faced backwards. And I could have spread the load out so that it still handled.

I can remember when vans/buses/etc were called just that. And most of them could be customised quite happily. Now they are called MPVs.

It's as bad as 4wheel drives becoming SUVs. They are never used for sport, and with the levels of luxury they have fitted they could hardly be called utility.

Reply to
Elder

Just to add.

It appears it comes with a whole 94bhp.

Which not only means it'll be a pain to work on, need parts specially ordered from Japan, but it'll also be slow and not particularly economical.

Reply to
SteveH

No, it wouldn't.

If you're going to get into engine swaps, you want a T16 from a 'Classic' Saab 900.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes it would.

No I don't.

Reply to
Iridium

There's a very good reason for using a C900 T16 engine, you know.

Packaging a traditional I-4 in the Dolly bay could be quite tricky.

Reply to
SteveH

It's not like I'm ever actually going to attempt such a conversion you understand heh. I maintain though, in fantasy land it would be more fun with a 6 speed close 'box, and a 220bhp 2.0 16v Vtec screaming to 9,000rpm (CTR engine with a Kpro ECU).

Reply to
Iridium

A friend of mine has put a Stag V8 into a Dolly. Now that rocks!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

/me pretends that Dan is Rob

Ok, got it :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I used Dad's for an Ikea run a few years ago and couldn't fault it TBH. Drove fine, was comfortable, obviously not fast but easily kept up with the motorway pace. I think he took his in part ex for something and kept it about a year as a workhorse and it did a fine job. Working on the engine was a PITA though ISTR.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Seriously, how much difference do you think mid (diesel) engine and 4x4 will make to the enjoyment of 25 miles at 17mph?

Commuting in traffic is shit IME. Whatever you are driving.

On one hand I say f*ck it Carl, whenever you've got £1000 in your pocket just go and buy what car you fancy. Life's gonna be more interesting that way anyway.

On the other hand I say, get a banger diesel supermini, abuse it, have a laugh and whenever you've got £1000 in your pocket, stick it in the bank and save up for job near where you live, or a house near your job. Stick the difference between the 50-60mpg and whatever you're getting now in the bank too.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I *almost* said "It was more a Rob style thought to be honest" hehe :-)

Reply to
Iridium