From Elder: Been away a while, might not be back for a little longer.

Bulldog screwed up my ADSL. They have tried to give me back a static IP and screwed the connection for nearly a week, so no home internet.

Update is, there is still an ignition problem with the rangie so it is being sold once I get it running.

The replacement has been bought so at least I'm still mobile. I'll keep you all waiting for what over excessive piece of thirsty tat I've bought now. But I like this one, and so does the missus and not just for the massage seats.

Won't be posting much from work as I hate google groups and personal internet access is restricted lunch break.

See you all soon.

Reply to
carl.robson

2CV? (Or a LS400 maybe?)
Reply to
conkersack

WTF can you buy for Carl money with massage seats?

I do hope he hasn't bought an LS400... this could get expensively funny.

Reply to
Pete M

I vote for this as smuggest post of the year so far.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f2ihup$e7l$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

I know what he's bought :-) I've been in contact with him about buying the Rangie and he's let slip what he's bought. I'll leave it to him to tell you though :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Mike P wittered on forthwith;

That Rangie he's got is ok y'know. I think it's just the ignition module on the dizzy (Dizzy is a 35LM8 I think), solid as it needs to be, expensive suspension, body is a bit scruffy but it's a good ol' think. Could probably do with a cam and / or followers and definately needs a waterpump but it's not a shed by any means.

I think he's mental getting shut of it, if I didn't have the turbo one I'd be interested in it, put it that way.

Easy to fix, an hour would have it running really sweetly, I have a Rangie I can pinch bits off if you need anything for it. (I'm not stripping the engine though).

I also know where there's a nice 3.9 engine in a scrapyard..

Reply to
Pete M

35 DML8 if it's the same as the Vitesse, etc.

Ask for a Lucas DAB 118 as a replacement amp. It's meant to be a better design - and I've certainly found mine reliable to date. It looks near enough the same and fits straight on, but has a three pin plug (only two used) rather than the two of the original and they supply a plug with it. I made up a new loom from coil to distributor (only the two wires) and kept the old one with plug just in case. The colours are white and white/black, so some Maplin 2.5mm speaker wire does the job for pennies and looks the part.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk, Dave Plowman (News) wittered on forthwith;

That'll be the one.

The Plowman, he speaketh sense.

Reply to
Pete M

I do like driving it, but compared the replacement, it is fun but slow. The replacement is smooth, fast, almost mint, and while no service history, condition shows it has been looked after, that and the fact that it was once a diplomatic car. And nobody wants the ambassador to break down and embarrass their country,

Reply to
carl.robson

Did the Vittesse not have a different drive to the oil pump ?

I've got what I think is a Vitesse lump in my Bowler project and the

35DML8 to go in has a the usual "male" drive where the out going distributor has the "female" drive you would find in the oil pump, if that makes sense !

Bottom one is the distributor that came out, I hope it's just a simple matter of swapping the oil pump.

Reply to
Geoff

Is it that Japanese thing from Ebay that you posted on here a while back?

Reply to
conkersack

It all sounds a bit complicated, especially when you could get megajolt up and running (with 20th century coil packs, wasted spark and 3d mappable too) for under a ton. :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

I want to keep it as simple as possible, it's going to be used off road, under water, need mud ect, none of this mixes well with anything electronic.

Reply to
Geoff

Nope, not that one. A different one. I would have loved that Cedric. Old, but capable.

Reply to
carl.robson

The bottom one is the Vitesse type - the gear on the distributor has a female drive (slot) fitting a tang on the oilpump. I *think* the design changed after the Vitesse went out of production. This site should help as they sell replacement distributors.

Dave Plowman (News)

I know too! Well, I know the name, but I have no idea what it actually is :-) So I'm gonna google...

Reply to
Iridium

Gets the news......

That's quite funny and potentially stupidly expensive.

This should be amusing.

Reply to
SteveH

I didn't know what it was until I googled either :-)

mike P

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Or is that quite stupid and potentially funnily expensive :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Thanks Dave, I went into the local V8 Disco owning scrappy. Him and his mate said, try that Rover Metro/114 piece of crap at the=20 back. I know the thing you mean.

He was right, one EM9 ignition module in spanking new condition, and a=20 cut off the loom for the connector.

As it happens, the original connector fits standard spades, so I crimped=20 on a couple of insulated spades and fitted it that way.

Still won't run which is a bitch, but I has had a hint to check the=20 dizzie cap which is next. I fitted a Halfords one a month ago, and=20 someone pointed me at that being a possible cause when they had similar=20 symptons with a month old Halfords one.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder