OT Again: Who does free / very cheap postage for PC bits?

Only want 1 DIMM, so I don't like paying £7 post...

Reply to
Doki

Everybody knows it doesn't cost =A37 to send a DIMM, even if you send it by Special Delivery (although a friend recently received a DIMM he'd bought, packaged in a box big enough for a 17" CRT monitor!

Likelyhood is, they're advertising a super-cheap headline price and then hiding the profit in the postage, so the best bet is to always go for the cheapest combined price.

I think some of the price comparison sites now allow you to factor in postage.

Reply to
fishman

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Sorted now. I ordered from Aria and paid their postage as it was only £3 dearer than buying it direct from Crucial and they didn't assrape me for buying the wrong RAM from them in the first place...

Reply to
Doki

Crucial...lifetime guarantee and free next day delivery.

--=20 Conor

"No trilogy should have more than four books" - Arthur C. Clarke

Reply to
Conor

Oh dear...Tomorrows post will be "I've stuck this new RAM in my=20 computer and now it crashes from time to time".

--=20 Conor

"No trilogy should have more than four books" - Arthur C. Clarke

Reply to
Conor

They also gave a quick refund (free post and replacement stick (the refund was for the diferenace to a smaller size)) when a stick they shiped to me wasn't compatible with my laptop despite being listed as it should be.

Reply to
Depresion

Seconded.

Reply to
SteveH

I've never had problems, but I know a lot of people who have. After=20 service is non existant, and returns are re-shrinkwrapped and added to=20 stock again.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

crashes from *all the time*

Reply to
Elder

3rd'd. Even stock ram for obscure old machines sometimes too.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

I've probably built upwards of 150 base units, and cheap RAM is jus tnot worth the bother. It's not trivial to diagnose when it's faulty, and if you search google groups you'll find a large number of people who do it for a living who wouldn't use anything other than Crucial. Lifetime warranty, no quibbles returns, and I don't know anyone who's had a bad stick from them. Contrast this to cheapo generic ram from Aria et al: trust me: it's not worth the mither.

Ric

Reply to
Ric

Is he putting it into a Mac? ;)

Reply to
Depresion

Why? Same crucial RAM...

Reply to
Doki

and returns are re-shrinkwrapped and added to

Amazing how true that is :(

Reply to
Tim Anderson