OT: Cats and Flies

I'm working from home today, apparently it's not the done thing to wear shorts at the office... :)

Anyway being at home means I can keep all the windows open. I happened to pick the day when the window cleaner comes along to clean the windows, gave me a fright I can tell you. Good job I wasn't, yes, well heh... You don't expect somebody to appear at the window of a third floor flat, you know? Especially when the sod was very, very quiet in putting his ladder up...

Then there's how entertaining it is to watch as two cats chase a fly across the room, typically catching the bugger mid-flight (both in mid-flight), whilst destroying something else in the process...

I hope y'all keeping cool today though!

Reply to
DervMan

I always seem to be making my way back from the shower when my window cleaner arrives....

I'm sitting here playing battlefield 2. It's fun :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Err, is that planed? :s

Reply to
Depresion

Oww, now *that* sounds painful!

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

Not by me...

Reply to
DanTXD

Hehehehe

Reply to
DervMan

it could be a female window cleaner!

Reply to
Bigus

Just waxed and hoovered the 206. To say I'm sweaty wouldn't be a lie.

Reply to
DanTXD

I waxed the van. No need to hoover it as water leaks in when you jetwash it.

Reply to
Doki

Pah I've just woken up from my siesta...

Reply to
DervMan

Siestas are still s**te - sleep over lunch and still wake up to uncomfortably hot weather. I reckon going nocturnal over the summer months would be a great idea. Only thing is, it doesn't tie in with the standard working day. I reckon someone should create a small village somewhere where the whole village operates on a nocturnal basis over the summer months.

-- "They said to me 'You could be anyone you wanted to be', but I was realistic and only ever aimed to be me, which I already was. So I gave up trying."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The theory is that you sleep during the hottest part of the day, when we sleep our bodies cool down (hence we use duvats and stuff like that).

When you wake up, it's still hot, but you're better able to deal with it because your body has cooled down.

Reply to
DervMan

So you're sleeping from lunchtime til about 8pm then?

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Actually it's more like 10:00 to 20:00, but pretty close! :)

My home office gets sun in the morning, the living room and bedroom get it from lunch onwards...

Reply to
DervMan

You weren't entertaining Pam and her five sisters at the time, were you? ;)

Reply to
Abo

Is what planed? The window? maybe if it's wooden. If you're on about his naked body I expect that's gonna hurt.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In Australia we have air-conditioning. : P

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Hmmph.

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah but here we need it. Over there is only 5 days a year you need it. ; ) If it makes you feel any better it is the middle of winter here and freezing. If you call 20 degress celcius freezing.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

No we call 0 degrees Celsius freezing (we also call 100 boiling). ;)

Reply to
Depresion