[OT] comp broadband geeks needed!

been having a prob with line speed for a while now. i keep dropping from

1.3mb down to as low as 498k! the drop is totally random and when i reconnect or reboot the router once dropped the highest connection speed it'll achieve is 896k

did a line speed test a min ago as i managed to connect back at 1344k but i don't totally understand what the results me. any help with what an ip profile is ect would be good!

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information. IP profile for your line is 250 kbps DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 1344 kbps(DOWN-STREAM) Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was 224 kbps

the ip profile is normally 500k but surely it should be more?

Reply to
Vamp

What are you using to test the speed? Can you find something on the router that shows you how much line noise/attenuation there is? It'll be measured in dB.

Reply to
Conor

Try using this and post you results :

Fred

using a bt tester that pipex told me to use as they can view the results but the noise shit from my router shows as:

Output Power (dBm) up/down = 12.0 / 16.0

Attenuation (dB) up/down = 31.5 / 59.0 Noise Margin (dB) up/down = 9.0 / 15.0

Reply to
Vamp

How far are you from the local exchange

Is your router plugged into an extension or striaght into the master socket?

That sync speed seems real crap, do you have splitters on every telephone extension in the house?

Reply to
Ronny