bet this is a giggle

sounds like fun, enough cc's and a turbo too tad pricey mind

Vamp

Heh, I like the way he proudly states the new turbo is only 10 years old :-)

Reply to
Iridium

"Vamp" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net:

7 grand for a Capri? Wait till Conor sees this!
Reply to
Tunku

Lovely :D

Reply to
Abo

In news:1hxnsur.qq1l30mgep1dN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, SteveH wittered on forthwith;

Because there's no real demand for them.

I like Alfas as much as anyone, but the choice between an admittedly good Alfa and a turbo Capri is easy, the Capri just because it's not going to break constantly, it's an excellent, raw, drivers car and when it's time to sell it'll still be worth at least what you pay for it if you keep it perfect - which is much easier with a Capri than a GTV.

The GTV - when perfect - is a better car than the Capri, it has a better engine and better suspension, but it's also got a tragic driving position, awful electrics, an horrific gearchange unless perfectly set up, and is much, much more fragile than the Capri. It'll rot more, bits are much more expensive and easily twice as rare and there are much less mechanics who're happy to work on the Alfa. So the Alfa costs more to run, more to maintain, is less reliable, more uncomfortable, and will only gain a small amount of value if kept perfect because there are less potential customers.

So £7k is about right for a Turbodelta and £7k is right for an immaculate Turbo 2.8i Capri.

Check out how much Mk1 RS2000's are fetching, V6 Capri's won't be this cheap for much longer.

4 pot Capris will never fetch this kind of money though.

I'd happily pay £10k for a perfect RS2600 Capri. I just can't find the right one, I'm looking.

Reply to
Pete M

I was just on the way to the toilet but 7k for a Capri has well and truly taken the piss.

Reply to
Depresion

The Cozzie used to give me a semi as a kid....

Reply to
Me

guy at work one of the renault mechanic blokes has a rather nice cossie complete with bat wing ect, i do kinda like the old sierra cossies. liked them more than the escort one that came after really think it looked meaner

Reply to
Vamp