OT: dumping a landline

I had a T-Mobile PCMCIA card for a year from Jan 2007, as I lived somewhere that had good coverage but no BT line for a few months. The access was through a proxy that compressed jpgs massively unless you reloaded the page and they were a bit funny about VOIP.

Latency was crap, don't think it did VPN or anything clever but the sustained download speed wasn't bad at the time - 1.7meg IIRC and it was much better and less costly than using 3g data on my O2 phone tarriff.

My experience is prolly a bit out of date.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No, it's pretty much spot on.

Although later T-Mobile software does allow you to control the level of compession on jpegs.

Depending on your tarrif, you can also get VPN access - I was on W&W Plus (I think, it was the mid-priced one) which gave me VPN. Haven't tried it on a standard W&W package, though, as I have the 3G laptop for work now.

Reply to
SteveH

Statute of Limitations applies.

Reply to
Conor

I'm not seeing it anywhere yet.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

They've not yet had to fork out any money.

Reply to
Conor

£17.5m to ConsumerActionGroup subscribers, plus anyone else who got a claim in before the test case was brought. They were all one-off 'goodwill' payments and not connected with charges of course
Reply to
Abo

And? They did refund it, and I only had to ask once, and nicely. I was not penalised.

I'll remember that next time you complain about paying any of those.

What's that got to do with the odds I'm talking about? The chances of me needing to use that facility are nothing to do with the chances of you needing to use one.

Do you know just how funny you are?

Go on then - they're both very easy to find out. Obviously I'd appreciate if you didn't post anything personal, but go and find out what you need to, and come back with a summary of my financial situation. Then tell me how bad a state I'm in compared to you.

Reply to
Clive George