620 Headlight Upgrades... Are there any ?

OK, K reg 620, Headlights, 55w ..... Poxy and Useless. Single Point connections.

No Upgrades in the Shops, only 55w Xenon. 30% Improvement... Whoopie... means you will see 12ft instead of 10ft.

Whats available or What Have you Replaced yours With ?.

Am not keen to let another ditch win after last night.

Reply to
Igundwane

I put some 100W bulbs in the main beam in mine. Looking at the circuit diagrams, the fuse and wiring is OK for that and it's been fine for about a year. Wondering on putting some in the dipped also, as they're appalling, verging on dangerously dim.....

Ade

Reply to
Adrian

Same here.

Same here, but I haven't dared yet :)

Reply to
Nom

As with any car, if you want decent light, then you need to fit a HID kit.

is the place to go.Excellent £ to $ exchange rate at the moment, means you can pick up a kitfor £200 all-in.

Reply to
Nom

Damn ..... £200+ thats basically what I paid for the Car. May as well scrap the bloody thing for that sort of money.

Can just see the ad now, 620 for sale, Headlights for sale under seperate negotiations !!

I carnt see how it would take the 3point connector lights, as the fittings @ the back do not allow for tha accomadation of them, I should imagine that the later models M reg and above have them, what is fitted @ current are basically Driving Lights.

Reply to
Igundwane

If you get the guts to try it before me, then keep us posted! I'll do likewise.... ;-)

Ade

Reply to
Adrian

I've got some Philips Vision Plus in at the moment, and they're not *too* bad. Paid about £10 for the pair from eBay. They're nowhere near as good as the 100w ninja-master-bulbs in the main beam though :)

Reply to
Nom

Huh ?

You asked about upgrades. The upgrade costs £200. Did you think it would be free ?

If you don't wanna spend any money, then you aren't gonna improve your lights :)

Easiest "cheap fix" is to just stick some 100w bulbs in the Main Beam. I've had no problems with mine - picked them up from the USA, via eBay, for about £12 inc post.

Correct. You're talking about H4 bulbs. The Rover 600 takes a pair of H2 bulbs instead.

Nope. They all take the same fitment - as do lots of other cars.

Huh ? What is fitted at the moment, are a pair of H2 headlight bulbs, just like any other car. It's the crap headlights that are at fault, not the bulbs.

Reply to
Nom