OT: Just been made redundant again.

Elder wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

My mortgage is in joint names, my missus was still working, but as I was the main earner the insurance kicked in. Can't remember what the deal with length of employment was but I'd been with both companies for a number of years.

Reply to
Tunku

Was 5 years with one company, then 2 months with the other.

Reply to
Elder

Elder wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

Come to think of it, is it not part of your mortgage, if you have insurance built in, and nothing to do with your job? Look out your mortgage details or google. I don't remember being asked what job I was in or for how long.

Reply to
Tunku

At the time of application they don't care if you qualify for the protection or not. They assume you do, then reject any claim if you don't comply with the claims criteria.

Reply to
SteveH

And happily pocket the premiums from people who would never be able to make a claim. It's a significant earner for them.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George