OT: Just been made redundant again.

Two weekly pay cheques bounced, got cash for one, and I'm waiting to see what happens to a third.

But a real, sorry can't afford you, last in, first out, we will call you when your wages are ready type thing.

Reply to
Elder

Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Reply to
DervMan

Oh, ffs, will you just stop getting yourself fired? ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

No worries. I'll sort myself. As long as I get the 2.5 weeks money I'm=20 due, I'll sort something.

The new PC is going on hold, all the tat I have is going on Ebay, and I=20 might need to flog the Octavia and get a =A350 banger again, just to build= =20 up a buffer, but it should all work out.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

TBH, I needed to hang on as long as possible while looking, but that didn't work, but when two out of the last 3 cheques bounce, it is time.

Reply to
Elder

It's not the end of the world and you will land something fine, steady and well paid. It is just a matter of time.

Good luck.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Yeah, time for a sea change I think, either in house IT support for a non-technology company, or maybe get into the charity business.

Seems these days, every little sprog with a multimedia degree who can code at warp 9 in 20 different languages, but take 6 months to actually bother starting the job, is worth more than 10 years real world market experience, actually working with meeting deadlines, and starting a project when required. The fact that I was customer facing and doing property sales admin for his spanish property business at the same time is beside the point.

Reply to
Elder

Well, that sucks quite frankly dude.

Good luck in the new job hunt!

Reply to
DanTXD

Former can be good - esp if you get a big enough company, you can get to be quite secure.

Good luck anyway.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Cheers Dan, and Cheers all. For the moment, I'm not too fussed. Start some DIY, start job hunting, focus on getting the cash he owes me, and enjoy the stightly bette september weather.

There are people a lot worse off than me.

Reply to
Elder

That is what I'm thinking. Somewhere the boss forgets who you are (as a person) 5 minutes after the interview, and lets you get get on with your work.

Instead of the last place where he would ask you to build a new page, then lean over your shoulder while he expects you to build new graphics to a design he is happy with (without telling you what he wanted), have it function exactley as it should (without him telling you exactley what he wanted), and be done first right first time with no debugging. All in about as long as his attention span is "because dave could have done it, but I don't want to have to rely on dave".

Reply to
Elder

Maybe the boss was inspired by your URL?

Seriously, that's bad luck mate. Definitely time to think about changing industry, doing something else.

Best of luck.

Reply to
fishman

Yeah, I know. Or find somewhere in a city again, where people meet up at lunch outside the office. It is hard to network properly when it is industrial cleaners upstairs, electronics hire next door, and horses in the field behind. not exactley an oasis of Hi-tech energy.

Reply to
Elder

Sucks mate, but I'm sure you'll get sorted!

Christ, look where I was 2 years ago! (almost to the day actually; it's me birthday on Sunday, the day the biatch left!)

Loadsa luck to you!

Reply to
Jamesy

Cheers fella. And I hope the climb back continues for you too.

Reply to
Elder

Elder wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

Sorry to hear that. I've been made redundant twice, but bounced back. I'm sure you will too. Thank God for mortgage insurance !!!

Reply to
Tunku

Good to hear somebody got some use from that. For most people it's a bit of a rip off.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I can't remember if I have any.

Reply to
Elder

I don't thing you've been working there long enough for it to kick-in anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

Probably true that too. mortgage is in joint names and the missus is still working too.

Reply to
Elder