[OT] O2 and GPRS and F**KING POP3!

got the P800 off my mate and it's great, with a bit of fudging around i got it to do GPRS wap and MMS and even got opera 6.08 running real web pages via GPRS but i can't get it to pick up yahoo on pop3....

i'm on the pay and go and not contract shitty tariff but it looks like e-mail needs different GPRS settings to the HTML web settings? i've searched google for ages with no luck, looks sadly like a contract only thing :(

any help would be great :)

cheers

Reply to
Vamp

email needs the internet APN which is disabled for PAYG. According to uk.telecom.mobile, a few PAYG SIMs have been accidently enabled with internet access but the vast majority haven't and won't be.

Another option is something like

Grant Mason

has mine got the internet APN then as i can get html pages? :)

thing that gets me is if i try and log into yahoo.co.uk it won't take the cookie! damn opera browser piece of.... *starts cursing heavily*

Reply to
Vamp

tried yahoo.com instead? I like how i can use my O2 mobile GPRS to give me

115kps on my computer, but my land line gives me 49kps at the most. But i only get 512Kb of data allowance on my contract, gets used up very quickly viewing web pages. its then £2.35 per mega byte after that :-|

Though for some reason when I use on my laptop the infa red keeps turning off after 2mins of being connected, but not on PC any ideas?

Reply to
Joe

I /think/ what you're seeing is some fancy WAP gateway HTML rendering on the fly.

Reply to
Grant Mason

yup that i am i think.

anyway gave up with bloody pop3, anyone know why my opera v6.3 browser won't accept cookies to log onto any web sites even when set to always allow or bloody ask! pissing me off now! i can't even log into yahoo, hotmail or ebay as it rejects the cookies on all 3 settings, never (well that aint gonna work hehe) always and ask :(

Reply to
Vamp