(ot) Yanks

Because they have no need for the smelly stuff since fuel has always been cheap so far, and that is the only advantrage of diesel. Oh and they can run under water...

Reply to
Burgerman

don't get me started...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The Supermarkets in Warrington are keeping to the 91.9/92.9 and there is a petrol voucher in operation at tesco.Shell and BP vary according to where they are but Shell arround 94/95.9 and BP 93.9p-96.9p

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

The 9000 is actually slightly smaller than the pre-facelift classic 900. The big "fat lip" bumpers did that. The face lifted C900 is actually about the same size (maybe slighly smaller), but the GM based NG900 is actualy longer again, still narrower. Of the modern Saabs (NG900, 9-3, 9-5, 9000) the 9000 is one of the wider, but actually shorter.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

The only RAMs worth interest are the V10 and Hemi.

Reply to
Depresion

I don't mind the software defaulting to American English but it should be referred to as such with real proper English being referred to as English.

Reply to
Depresion

So can diesels. They just need a big snorkel pipe.

Talking of which, would it in theory be possible for diesel engines to run completely underwater, with the air intake connected to a gas bottle containing a mix of gases equivalent to normal air (or pure oxygen if that'd be better) ??

Obviously things would have to be *very* well sealed to prevent ingress of water, but would this be theoretically possible? Or has someone already done it and just not told me?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I imagine the turbo diesels might be worth a play with.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Isn't that how we used to submarines before we had nuclear power?

Seems that way - although the diesel lump was just a generator for electric motors.

Reply to
SteveH

The problem was getting rid of the exhaust gasses underwater.

Reply to
Depresion

You miss the point. The reason English is called English is because it came from here. Like French is French because it came from france. Actually I dont give a monkeys what you speak, or what you use as default only that you insist on calling that English! Its not. Its a messed up version called American. Where the real English is called "British" English...

Reply to
Burgerman

Agreed.

Reply to
Burgerman

IIRC they have a 300+bhp Cummins diesel engine...

Reply to
??? Abo ???

Lol!!!!!

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Well, if a product was packaged and sold in the UK market then I'd expect it to select UK English as the default. Same as I reckon a Kraut would expect it to select German as the default if it was bought there.

Unless it was downloaded of the net (legitimately or otherwise).

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Heh, Dervy's on one now... ;)

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Ah, so I imagined correctly then ;)

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

With a metric fuckload of torque. You can tow your house around with you.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yep, you can have a Dodge RAM with a 5.9-litre Cummins inline 6. 325hp and 610 lb ft.

If you fancy a GM truck, you can have the Isuzu-sourced Duramax 6.6L V-8 turbo-diesel. Up to 310hp and 605lbft.

Ford can offer you a 6.0-litre V8 32-valve turbo diesel, with 325hp and

570 lbft, sourced from Navistar, IIRC.

They sound kinda fun.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Riches

And because it is diesel, it will have an MPG you can measure, just.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2