(ot) Yanks

If he comes round, hide the bourbon, grits, and banjo.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Its not about defaults, but about the way they call theirs English, (why not american?) and ours British English!!! Ours should be just English, like French is French.

Reply to
Burgerman

And I just installed PSP9 and chose English, and it spells colour "color" !!! They meant American not English...

Reply to
Burgerman

And and and they stole our gallon, and got it wrong, and when I was over there one guy asked me if I drove there... He thought England was a part of america. He looked confused when I told him that cars dont float well. They stole all our imperial measurements, place names, and are buying our "history" since we Europeans only found America for them fairly recently.

Actually I like americans mostly.

Some of my sites are in several languages. I think I will add an American translated one. Just pictures and arrows... Should suit AOL and WebTVers too.

Reply to
Burgerman

They can't sell them over here, if you tried to accelerate hard you'd move our island.

Reply to
DervMan

Hardly.

How can you explain the big diesel pickups then?

Reply to
DervMan

So how come American English is comparable to British English of two hundred years ago? Or didn't you know that?

Reply to
DervMan

Did you know that british english is comparable to british english two hundred years ago?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It has to be that way, because America is the biggest market and the average American would never find the option to select US English.

Ever noticed how so many programs (sic) list all the countries alfabetiklee with United States at the top?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Americans don't have a metric anything - makes them feel less French and more English.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ssshhhhh! Usually I'm arguing that American English is an aberration with Charlie, tonight I'm doing it t'other way around! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Sorry. Here, have your big stirry spoon back.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Bad taste?

Reply to
Burgerman

Hes welcome to it. If thats what he likes! As I said, no taste...

Reply to
Burgerman

So you can't then!

My cousin-in-law had a V10 pickup. It was too slow towing so he had it supercharged. 4 mpg and still too slow.

Now he has a Powerstroke diesel. No problems...

Reply to
DervMan

:)

Reply to
DervMan

He did but the Pilgrims pissed off so many people here by shoving copies of "WatchTower" through world + dogs letterboxes that it was suggested that maybe it would be a good idea to leave and start a new country where they could ensure EVERYONE was a God Fearing Christian.

And in true christian stylee, they then went on and slaughtered everyone who didn't believe.

Reply to
Conor

Liking has nothing to do with it. Towing the racing trailer has everything to do with it.

Taste is irrelevant. Being suitable for the job, that's relevant.

Reply to
DervMan

Are there any faiths where it is not encouraged to convert non-believers?

Careful. It'll happen to you.

Reply to
DervMan

I have a big problem when it comes to imaginary freinds and all the problems that it causes. Its about time brainwashing was made illegal.

Reply to
Burgerman