OTLazyness: What is this?

This car belongs to someone that lives across the street from me. Its a Celica, its a GT4, so its reasonably quick, but I also know they made various levels of quickness, ST185, Sainz etc.

Its got a jazzy bonnet, does this mean its a super trick version?

I know I'm going to give 1 or 2 people in here a verbal orgasm but I'm too lazy to go and look it up so can anyone tell me what it is? (c:

Ah yes, the picture:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Its an ST205, i think they only come in one version. 255bhp iirc

Reply to
Chet

ST205 All 205's and ST185 Carlos Sainz's had the bonnet vent rather than scoop. They have a water charge cooler, rather than the air2air Intercooler on a standard ST185.

Looks like it might be a WRC model, looking at the high spoiler(bolt in raiser blocks) and import square number plate.

If it is, it will have some or all of a partial dummy/partial real but disabled, IC sprayer, and water injection.

Depending on when it was made, some had real motors/pumps but no wiring. Other had wired dummy pump shells. All had the nozzles or injectors, but only some got the hoses. Some people have actually had enough bits to get it working.

Other differences were, no ABS, or Aircon, or sunroof. Some had the aircon option added, but leccy windows removed. It was basically the lightweight option, which you bolted comfort parts onto. The one I would have given the choice. front suspension is expensive to fix thanks to the "Superstrut" shocks, lower arms and figure of 8 links instead of standard drop links.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nope 2, standard and WRC model.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

whats a celica GTR then?

Reply to
Theo

Bonnet vent doesn't look right to me?

Reply to
fishman

Might be mssing a trim, but looks the right shape for a 205.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I've noticed a fashion for stealing bits of bonnet vents around here. Used to be that there was several Imprezas missing their scoops running around.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Here is a fairly decent desciption of the 205 WC from an ebay seller.

Not bad looking, and yellow is pretty rare.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I think it's missing the grille that covers it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Might be right you know. I thought the grille went underneith and it was a surround it was missing, but you could well be right there. Looking at a piccy of another one, it does look like it slots in on top and is clipped/screwed (knowing toyota, six M12 bolts, with threadlock and double nutted underneath).

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

as the celica geek says it looks like it could be the WRC ST205 (the last shaped GT4 easy to tell by the headlights)

had the later spec'd 3SGTE engine which made around 255bhp in the celica and

245bhp in the MR2, never understood why they gave the celica the charge cooler and the MR2 a side mounted intercooler! a lot of MR2 folk have looted the GT4 chargecooler and used it on the MR2, it's a tight fit but it works and works very well too! a few MR2's running 300+bhp with the charge cooler added quite easily. love the GT4 but it's an extra £1k on top of what i paid for my MR2 for a nice ST205 GT4 import :(
Reply to
Vamp