What car is this?

Doesn't look like an Escort to me...

fishman

It's a Ford Popular, the pre-runner to the Escort Are you old enought to remember Roland Rat's modded Ford Pop:

Ken (the sane one)

I seem to recall that that model shape were simply called Populars, Anglias, or Prefects, according to engine and trim level. I think the Anglia and Popular had the 1172 SV engine, with an OHV engine in the Prefect. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Well.. it sort of is.

The Escort - at that time - was the estate version of the 100E Anglia; there was also a Squire version, complete with wood trim.

However, this is just someone trying to make a car show up in the wrong searches.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

"Mike G" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:44363130$0$9232$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...

3 speed gearbox and dont forget the vaccum wipers,the faster you went the slower the wipers went,sort of safety feature i suppose,in heavy rain you had to slow down to get the wipers to work fast enough to shift the water from the screen :o)
Reply to
jimmy