Paging Ashtrayman

'I saw this and thought of you'

In the local rag this week:

'Vauxhall Carlton 2.3TD Estate.

1992, metallic red, sunroof, CD player, tow bar, new clutch and front shocks. MOT til July 2009, taxed til September 2008, excellent condition. Reliable and economical. Good condition for year =A3750ono'

I appreciate it might be against your new found LPG religion to consider a diesel, but it's a Carlton.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

In the local rag this week:

'Vauxhall Carlton 2.3TD Estate.

1992, metallic red, sunroof, CD player, tow bar, new clutch and front shocks. MOT til July 2009, taxed til September 2008, excellent condition. Reliable and economical. Good condition for year £750ono'

I appreciate it might be against your new found LPG religion to consider a diesel, but it's a Carlton.

Isn't £750 rather a lot? Or is that about right, as I know old Dervs, especially veg oil compatible ones carry a premium over big engined petrols at the moment. Will it run on veg?

Reply to
DanB

Awww but you've been talking about them for years! You should've bought it and just slowly got it made spic an span :-)

Reply to
DanB

How about this one:

Reply to
Abo

For a whole lot of good, bad and ugly reasons. :-)

It is one of them cars where the relationship tilts several times a day between love and hate.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Probably... although given there's not many left and there weren't many sold in the first place, it *must* therefore be a classic and is priced accordingly... right?

No idea - I know the main issue with running stuff on veg is to do with pump seals getting shagged as a result, and these have a fuel pump, whereas I can apparently run my Passat on the stuff.

I've no intention of doing so, mind.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

What sort of MPG?

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

What sort of MPG?

Nothing spectacular - about 38-40-ish. About expected for that size of car with an ancient boat anchor engine, mind.

Reply to
AstraVanMann