Possibly my first ever modding post: Suspension

Good: Fitted Koni dampers to the rear of the Audi today. All went smoothly, they seem to work but I'm reserving judgement till the fronts are on.

Bad: Lost the alloy wheel key somewhere on the gravel driveway as I left it in the wheel on the test drive at Payne Towers. It's a sort of splined looking thing - tri-hex or something.

Trip to Mr Audi's shop tomorrow. I'm off to Knockhill for some fun in the Mazda tonight.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Awesome dude :-D Jpegs of the Knockhill track stuff?

Reply to
DanB

Lovely weather for a trip to Knockhill.

Reply to
Homer

Was it raining where you are?

Lovely dry track. No sun, but you can't have everything.

Awesome time on the track.

Evening was marred a bit by finding a dizzy biker and a smashed bike about a mile after leaving the track on my way home.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

? Did you fix him? Ambulance? Jpegs of the track time?

Reply to
DanB

of tonight's activities)

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Bit further north but it's been raining constantly all day :-(

Reply to
Homer

I live near Glasgow, we had torrential rain very early this morning but its not been a bad day at all. I was lying about on the dry ground fitting the Konis from about lunchtime on.

I'm heading to Glamis on Saturday for the Transport Extravaganza probably. Fingers crossed for non-rainingness!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Update: My dad found the wheelnut locking key. After I had bought a new set of locking nuts though. The dealer removed the old ones for me with his master set and sold me a new set on the spot rather than having to order a new key and wait till Tuesday. Difference in price between a new key and a new set of nuts with a key was only a couple of quid.

Parts guy showed me round an RS6 that was kicking around the place. I'm often not all that impressed by modern cars but this was nice. Everything on it is hyooge. Brakes, wheels, tyres etc.

~£80k. If I start saving now, I might have one by 2149.

Will have to think about changing in the new front Koni struts soon.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Are they McGuard nuts? Oh. Nuts. Not bolts? Anyway, if they're of the kind that would fit a MK2 Golf, I may be interested. I seem to have lost one of my locking bolts...

Reply to
Doki

RS6 for £80k? I'm guessing it's a brand new one then that you refer to as "kicking about"....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

DanB