Paging Meatball Turbo

MeatballTurbo wrote:

preludes are beautiful and they handle very well, go get one mate, they are much more desirable imo than a 600ti
In spouted forth into

So's walking
Theo wrote:

Of course they are - it's a 2-door coupe, not a motorway barge !
Nom wrote:

i wasnt having a dig, I was just saying, ur are so defensive.
Theo wrote:

That's an insane comment. If you wanted a 4-seater motorway barge, then clearly a Ferrari isn't gonna be suitable. Whether the Ferrari is "more desirable" or not, isn't relevent.
Any anyway, if you're buying a car based on it's desirability, then you aren't gonna be looking at Rover 600s ! LOL !

Nope - I just see the TI for what it is : A motorway barge.
It's clearly ludicrous to compare it to a sleek coupe !
Nom wrote:

actually though does ferrari make 4 seater 4 door newish supercar?

Scaglietti (?spelling?) is a 4 seater mile muncher, not 4 door tho i don't think...
--
Dan

Theo wrote:

Not for 2000 they don't :)
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id &article_id13

I spelt it right :D
--
Dan

In decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Lancia used to make a Ferrari engined 4 door 4 seater supercar. The Thema 8.32.
No doubt you class it as shite, but as you think RS Turbos are good cars.....
--
Pete M

Ford Capri - Mercedes 500 SEL - Sierra XR4x4
Pete M wrote:

no I quite like those tbh, and there is nothing wrong with an rs turbo, I've been in some very quick ones.

Bwhahahahahaha.
AstraVanMan wrote:

underpowered-mode = anything that can't keep up with the TI :)
Albert T Cone wrote:

BAH !
I want a 180bhp Derv, and THEN I want the aid of messrs Allard / Van Aaken.
Derv with >200bhp = Nice :D

Agreed. It's the same story with the A6 - Audi only seem to have sold a piffling amount of the 180bhp version.

Aaken.
Whatcha want's a 530d. One of the E39 ones. Not quite the 200-odd bhp the latest ones have got, but around 170 or so, and still very pokey, and, I guess, tubanle. Just done a quick search on autotrader, and the going rate seems to be around 10k for a 99/V.

Keeps prices high, tis a bugger, that's what puts a lot of people off second hand Audi diesels in favour of buying new. This leads to the only reasonably priced ones being even older (i.e. around N/P reg, down to around 5k, still expensive for the age of car, but will hold their value fairly well and aren't too expensive to buy). The thing with the V6 diesels is that they really aren't all that economical. At a guess there really isn't all that much between the two on a cruise. Still a reasonable difference I suppose.
And comparing the lower powered V6 2.5TDIs with the older 5-cylinder ones, there's not all that much difference in performance but a considerable drop in economy from the 5 to the 6, hence why the 140bhp 5-pot ones are still quite popular. Quieter engines as well.
Peter
AstraVanMan wrote:

Yeah, I've looked at them. It's 187bhp IIRC - and I'm sure it can easily be fettled well over the 200bhp mark.

I don't give a shit about that - *ANY* Diesel is gonna be a damn sight better than my 2.0 Turbo Petrol :)
I'm more drawn by the greater, lower torque of derv lumps - economy is a free bonus :)