Paging Scousers

What's to do in Liverpool, and where's the nearest seaside town containing arcades with 2p shufflers and Sega Rally?

Reply to
Doki

Guarding your car?

Reply to
Depresion

Stabbing, taking, driving and away.

Hmm It used to be New Brighton, but the last time I was there it was deserted and derelict. I suspect that nowadays it would be Southport and then Blackpool.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Anything you want to do is available. It's one of the major cities of the UK, ffs.

Reply to
Pete M

There used to be a Russian Restaurant serving many varieties of Caviar and Vodka under the Liver building. There is a small china town with some restaurants and chinese supermarkets, loads of pubs, clubs and student things to do, and Manchester isn't that far away. Loads of gigs on, and it is capital of culture so loads of events too.

Depending when you plan to visit there is the Mathews street festival. Seaside wise, you have New Brighton, Southport, Blackpool, and just over the water, in Brunstrom country, Rhyl, Prestatyn and Llandudno depending on how far you want to drive for a day out and what you want to do when there.

Reply to
Elder

There's another Russian restaurant just off Duke Street. The Chinatown is the oldest in Europe :-p, and Manchester isn't far enough away.

As for gigs, there are loads every night. Most pubs have live music. Clubs tend to be full of the dancey charty stuff I suspect Vamp would like.

Depending on when you're planning on turning up, I may be able to show you a few decent places / gigs or whatever.

Reply to
Pete M

OK. What's worth looking at and free or cheap for student scum?

Reply to
Doki

Bring your SU card, Scouse students view or of the city.

Elder

It's a day trip only affair I'm afraid, as we're too pikey to stay overnight.

Ta for the offer but "This is Pete what's off the internet" might give the bird the fear. You're welcome for a pint whenever you're in Sheff mind.

Reply to
Doki