PING Bob Sherunckle

That mega mileage Octavia SDI you said you might possibly be getting pretty cheap off your mate - what ever came of that?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Why ?

Want it ?............

I've not been hassling him for it, but he's the type of guy who insists on a car being good before he'll sell it.

So, as of yesterday it skipped merrily through an MOT. Advisory on the two front tyres so as of today it has a new pair.

I'll probably be picking it up in the early part of the week.

P.S. It's not 'mega' mileage as such. 2000 W reg, just hit 100K miles.

Did I ever mention the price ? (Don't want to deprive SteveH of a HFM moment)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Maybe.....

Ah, so it probably won't be as cheap as I was hoping. I had it in my mind that it had nearly 300k on the clock and was, as such, going to be going for virtually pennies.

No, you didn't. But mention it if you like. I may vaguely be interested...

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well, IMHO it is going for virtually pennies. It will owe me £1000. It is a poverty spec SDI lx, but the only two of those on Autotrader just now are £2,995.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

In news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com, Bob Sherunckle wittered on forthwith;

HFM???

No, I'd say it's an easy £1500 :)

Reply to
Pete M

pfft 100k its not even run in yet,

our 51 plate tdi has 280k miles on her and is still running fine

Reply to
Rob

If you decide to sell - let me know the price.

I can't find a Daimler atm that I like.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Bear in mind that this is for sale locally at £2k:

David Lane

Personally I would buy that car if I were you. Much better car than an SDI.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle