Playing with a new car

I have a new car for 2 weeks, and it's bloody fun, its a silver 2004 Audi TT and boy does it shift, it's fully loaded as well 18" RS4 rims, leathers etc its the 225bhp one, Xenon's etc

Compared to my poxy 1.8T this thing is on another level and it handles so well, I never thought the day would come I would pick a hairdressers car over a luxury one, but so far the grin factor is great.

If you get the chance to have a play with one I can defo recommend it.

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

Chip the engine to 260bhp and the haldex 4wd system to be more aggressive and you are on your way to a corker.

Reply to
Depresion

Ah, a belly button. Are you already feeling the urge to listen to Dusty Springfield whilst listening to Julian Clarey reading the collected works of Oscar Wilde on a pink iPod Mini?

In Hyde Park?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I was up against one on the grass autotest I did a while back in the Sierra, and although it wasnt quite as sideways as me it was pretty much as quick, and the people who drove it certainly rated it highly. Wasnt good for the wheels though - all the digging in scuffed them up real bad, lucky it was a courtesy car really :)

Still wouldnt buy one though, unless it was for the missus!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Baseball stitch leather?

Soft top or coupe?

I remember taking one on a serious backroad blast and it was smoking and spitting like mad from the brakes when I dropped it off (bosses car), also remember another one we had blowing up while donutting it in the works carpark...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Oh dear. Never mind.

I'm sure one day you'll get to drive a real car and then feel stupid about your post.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I take it we're talking about an XR4i... I assume it was a 150bhp TT then ?

There are a lot of easily impressed people out there :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Real cars are made in Germany, why should I feel stupid? the 225 bhp TT is a very capable car, and is also very nicely put together.

Reply to
Ronny

Nah, normal leather seats, heated etc

Coupé

I have driven some fast cars before but this really does go, its faster than dads Saab Aero

I think this car is the 176kW version.

Reply to
Ronny

Nah, real cars are made in Italy. Ferrari, Lambo, ho yuss...

Reply to
DanTXD

Nope it was and XR4x4 and the 225 version of the TT, as it was insisted it was quick since it was a courtesy car for a TVR of some sort. Chimera I think. As I said it was on grass, so the huge power deficit wasnt so much of an issue. It could spin its wheels easier than the Sierra, but that didnt really get you anywhere!

Obviously they didnt drive it on the road, but traction and speed were the things they were impressed with.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Have you actually timed it? Because I reckon the only interval it does faster will be 0-30 or maybe 0-50 due to extra traction. In gear times on Aeros are astonishing.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

one thing is for sure, real cars are not made in France.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I make that about 240bhp.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yeah I think it is the 240bhp one, they actually make 4 types, a 250bhp 3.2 and 3 x 1.8T 190/225/240

Reply to
Ronny

oh yeah, and who owns lambo?

Reply to
Theo

Hmm Matra Bagheera, Renault Alpine A310, Venturi Atlantique BiTurbo...

Reply to
Steve Firth

i like the A310, and im a big fan of the A610, but thats chrysler isnt it?

Reply to
Theo

I normally like my big cars, but this has taken me by surprise, on the motorway it nips around traffic like a go cart, it handles so well I am very tempted to get one, the rear seats are so small you cannot sit in them, due to the boot lid touching your head, but if you have 2 small kids they can get in fine.

Overall as much as they have a stigma attached to them shouting gay or hairdresser, this thing is fun.

Anyone who has not driven one and would like too and lives around the Bristol area are welcome to meet up and have a blast, I guarantee you will like it. (Theo)???

Reply to
Ronny

Lancia :)

Reply to