Theo

why have u got it? out of interest.

Reply to
Theo

And where are Lambos made?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Isn't the 240ps lump only in the sporty one with no rear seats?

Reply to
Depresion

yeah i got it wrong, it's only in the 2005 TT 1.8TS

Reply to
Ronny

Bollox, real cars are made in sheds/back gardens ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Ah, I missed that bit. I wondered how an XR4x4i (slow) could compete with an Audi TT (nippy) :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Erm, and the 150bhp version of course.... :)

Cue Monty Python moment... There are *five* types of Audi TT !

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Well TT drivers are mostly hairdressers, so by the time they've worked out which pedal the clutch is, which gear they want and where it is an XR4x4 could well be quicker :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Nothing to do with the fact the Sierra had probably cost the same as a 12 pack of Walkers ready salted and thus considered expendable, whereas the TT was almost certainly worth several grand, I should think.

Reply to
JackH

Er? V6 XR4x4 or XR4i? Which do you mean?

Neither are slow.

2.0 Twink XR4x4s are slow, but they're still referred to as XR4x4s.

XR4is are pretty quick.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

As I said the TT was a courtesy car, so that was pretty irrelevant. Both were being driven very hard!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well he was talking about mine which was a 2.8i XR4x4 of the mk2 variety.

They're not that quick though either, especially when compared to a 225bhp TT!

They aint that slow, cant be much different to a V6 4x4

I'd like to try one one day (or even better a Capri). But they're a bit rarer compared to the dirt cheap 4x4s!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Have you seen the insurance excess on a courtesy car?

Reply to
SteveH

Nope cos it wasnt my courtesy car! And even if the actual driver did care everyone else that used it didnt!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Lets put it this way... the excess is quite big, and out of respect for the person who had the car on loan, I wouldn't be going balls out if I had the keys.

It's like when I borrow someone else's car or bike, I'll never ride or drive it like I would if it were mine.

Reply to
SteveH

But he was going balls out too. It was only a field, there was nothing to hit. We just hadnt considered the alloys getting scuffed. Once we realised we stopped using it.

I was happily letting people drive mine, and they could drive as aggressively as they wanted! The only other car I used was a 325 and I was driving that exactly like the Sierra (ie sideways everywhere but ultimately a slow time!)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yes. Which is why I now always transfer them to my own insurance, after an incident where a colleague of mine picked up a courtesy car and crashed it on the way back to the office....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Having seen/heard my mates dads R1 engined kitcar, which is nearly complete in his garage - i concur.

Hehehehe - he said i could have a go :D

Reply to
DanTXD

The 150bhp TT is a Roadster and that doesn't count :)

Reply to
Ronny