Possible project for someone in here...

A mate of mine has an early Clio 16v. J reg IIRC, and in the usual blue.

Full leather etc., and still has MOT etc.

Apparently it has fast road cams, and the engine was rebuilt and tweaked at some stage in the past couple of years.

All I know, is that when I went in it the other week, it felt bloody quick - apparently it gives the tuned 106 Rallye with the tweaked and cammed GTi lump of my other mates a very good run for its money.

Anyway... head gasket appears to have gone - running like a sack of the proverbial on two pots which also now have low compression. The gearbox sounded a bit whiny as well, last time I went in it, so that might need some TLC in the near future as well - drove fine though up until the HG went.

Bodywise it seems reasonably straight - a bit of rot bubbling on one rear arch, and it has the tailgate with the built in brake light off a later Clio, so I suspect it's had a slight tap at some stage - most 15 year old hot hatches will have though by now, to be fair.

He's talking about sticking it on ebay, but I thought I'd offer it to the masses in here before it goes on there - open to sensible offers.

I should be getting some pics in a while.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Paging Chet...

Reply to
DanTXD

What do you call sensible? :)

Sensible to me for a clio with 3 of the most common faults (rust, worse than it looks guaranteed/gearbox/gasket) is 2-300 quid.

Mail me piccies tho, chet@ domain in sig

Also where abouts is it/are you?

-- Chet

Chet

interested keep me posted]

Reply to
Rob

I'll find out.

Yes, for tatty ones with the arse hanging out of them, with no leather, and without recent performance cams fitted, maybe it is. ;-)

It's a lot faster than the standard one I went in a while back, so I'll try and get a better idea of just what tuning work the lump has had.

FWIW, I'll be buying it if it's that kind of money, and sorting it myself.

Oh, and it's been lowered on the front.

When I have some...

Kent.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Not to me. Leather probably isn't original, it rarely is. If it is take it and sell it on ebay. Dump the car lol

My old 19 was putting out 190bhp, it was still a pile of shit and worth nothing

Thanks mister

Bollocks

-- Chet

Chet

Well don't buy it then. :-P

As for 19s... they were always worth diddly squat by comparison. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Kent couldn't be any futher away and still be owned by the queen so i'll pass :)

Thats true, only because the are 3 groups higher for insurance so no-one wanted them. They are the superior car!

-- Chet

Chet