Re: I should have a programme on Discovery People What Meddle With Cars

Yesterday the drivers door handle stopped working on the Passat and I

> sorted that. It's a rather nicer thing to work on than the 306. I didn't > swear much at all.

You've got a Passat?

Welcome to the high life!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'm more a guardian.

Why, have you got one too?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Not yet, but I'm strongly considering chopping in the Veyron and upgrading to one.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Oooh ooh, I've just remembered another, I was on my way to the seaside in my Cortina (in my youth) and the gearstick came off in my hand. I ended up fixing it by nicking some fencing wire and wrapping it round the gearstick and gearbox several times to hold it in place :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

May I remind you all (again) that I am a former custodian of a 4motion passat. All passatnoscenti will of course know that it has proper aluminium multi link rear suspension rather than **your** inferior torsion beam. Unless you can live up to that heady standard, I suggest you cease and desist with your Passat jive.

Carlsberg don't make cars etc.....

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

A tuned 200SX is what you want in that case, Shirley?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Is that it then, one doesn't do anything so vulgar as own a Passat, one just looks after it till it reaches its next custodian?

Pah! The Passat I'm custodian of doesn't even have suspension, it glides on a cushion of perfectly damped coin tray lids.

Reply to
Douglas Payne