Re: It's that cheap motor thread again.

Which is why I'd get the 500bhp supercharged one, if you're going to the bother of an engine swap then it might as well be for a decent power figure. Actually, if I was going to do something like that I'd drop an LS1 in, I know someone with a 450bhp one knocking about. No time though :(

Reply to
Abo

I quite liked the 2.5 V6 one I had, so it's possible.

Didn't handle, but the cupholders were ok.

Reply to
Pete M

But in normal driving rather than a track you dont or cant keep it on the boil. Gap in traffic? V8 gone, when you press the pedal. Any gear. Turbo? change gear, wait for boost, too late gap gone...

Hence why Vtec works in cars :) Granted, it might be

But that seldom happens in modern traffic.

Thats the best solution. In a corvette so you dont look a dick.

Reply to
Burgerman

Or, see gap coming, change down...

Reply to
DanB

TBH I'd say the corvette was a car for somebody compensating for their sexual worries - the MX5 might have a gay hairdresser image, but it also says you don't give a stuff about that.

Reply to
Clive George

I nearly bought a Corvette once, but I couldn't find a matching "chest wig".

I can't buy an MX-5 because I will be banned for doing something almost Vamp stupid within minutes. [1]

[1] Don't worry, Vamp, I'm not calling /you/ stupid, just the things you do ;-)
Reply to
Pete M

Maybe. I still wouldnt want one of the effeminate little things... For a start I doubt I could zip it up.

Reply to
Burgerman

He's on about decent newsreader software, rather than the one that the vast majority of people (including me) actually use...

Reply to
L'homme d'AstraVan

Oi; less of that foreign mumbo jumbo - or you're barred :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Mine (meter) does miles per gallon but its still wrong. Its US gals...

Reply to
Burgerman

With statements like that, you're the one that sounds "gay"!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah but:

Lovely jubbly ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

or my own

A warmed up 10.5 compression one in the sierra...

Reply to
Burgerman

^^^^^^^^ - shouldn't that be Van=C9toile or something?!

Yep! That's the one I had in mind. With an auto box. They are big and comfy, great for eating up the miles. I have been told they can be run on 100% veg oil too, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Reply to
conkersack

Well, in Firefox there's an extension imaginatively called "Unwrap Text" which does what it says. It's quite nifty really - will even repair URLs which are split with message quotation markers. Maybe it'll slot in to Thunderbird too?

Firefox add-on:

It would appear that it is Firefox only, but a quick search turned up this for Thunderbird:

Reply to
conkersack

On Jun 18, 3:59 pm, "L'homme d'AstraVan" wrote:

Reply to
L'homme d'AstraVan

I've just set that as my message tone.

Reply to
Pete M

nice how mazda should have made it, i like that A LOT!

Reply to
Vamp

120mph on a road i know was often speed trapped kinda stupid? its ok i can take it i have my moments i know :)
Reply to
Vamp

Marvelous idea!

Same here.