Re: Matt, I've found your winter project.

What it should look like :

few errors & original pics :
quality pics here :

Little lower and it would be sweet.

A little ? lots you mean :)

God you could really go to town with that car. > Get a 400" Hemi, and decent box in.

yeah... had a 331 stock... easily good for 400bhp I reckon, more with a blower..

Shave as much weight from the panels.

no point, have you any idea how much the chassis on that thing weighs ?

Tint the windows Ambulance black, and go uber Hightech inside. Do all > the interior trim in carbon. > Konig seats, Leather and Kevlar trimmed of course, Stack dash. Decent > newer PAS and ABS of course.

sounds awful. Try this.. pancaked hood and trunk, a light ( no more than 2" ) roof chop maybe convert it to a 2 door car ( move b-pillar backworks, lengthen front doors ) get some fender skirts for the back to fill in those huge wheel wells Find all the original chromework, delete some, keep others big set of rims ( 20" ) billet -

or similar

yup that'd do for starters. Of course it'd take you years to learn all that

would repalce front suspension for a Mustang 2 / street rod setup. Had a quick squint around no-one seems to do one, but these chryslers had weird frames so I guess a one off from wisbech or similar would have to be used. Naturally put it on airbags back and front.

famous car from the states :

give you some idea it used to look like this:
you don't want to know how many hours went into it. Just look at the lines, curves, etc that have all been changed...

A feel a faith altering experience brewing.

yaay someones learning :)

Reply to
Mark Craft

I was thinking along the lines of the Cadzilla, ZZtop Kustom from a few years ago. Really loved that car. Outside traditional resto/Kustom hybrid, inside streetracer/modern luxury/hitech hybrid.

Sounds great

'natch.

I have ideas so far beyond body kits that it scares the local cruise club kits sometimes. They stare blankly when I mention I would love to learn to paddle body lead.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

hmm hitech generally doesnt mean acres of carbon fibre etc everywhere, it normally means a digital dash and a interior more akin to a modern car... centre console etc..

dying art that is matey.

Id love to know how to work metal, I have stacks of articles on chopping tops, sectioning etc.. you gotta have *big* cahoonas to start doing that sorta thing.

Reply to
Mark Craft

We once turned a Viva E Coupe (the firenza shaped one) into a convertable with an angle grinder, a Hacksaw, no sleep and a crate of newcastle brown one Staurday morning (just finished nights).

Worked OK, looked better while still abusing the Newky though. Ended up with a Scafold roll over bar.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Go neon gansta, with happy house blaring.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

happy hardcore mate, happy hardcore ;-). Oh and my glowsticks might clash with the the hi-tech interior ;-) But damn I'm tempted LOL

Reply to
**-**

Heh was playing that the other day..

Trust me its *far* harder than working with glass..

Reply to
Mark Craft