Re: Off the peg suits

Material is the same as cheaper washable suits available in

> pikeymarkets, but the tailoring is significantly better. >=20

Seriously, my =A340-50 Tesco suit was so well fitted it was amazing,=20 including an accurate leg length/waist size, normally they are over or=20 under length for the given measurement, or the scrimp on the waist size,=20 or width of the waist band and they dig in.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Maybe, but you can tell the difference between an M&S and pikeymarket suit.

It's not always about the personal fit, it's about the cut / tailoring.

I made the mistake of buying a suit that looked like it was an exact copy of the M&S version - how wrong I was with that one.

Reply to
SteveH

They also accommodate the larger sizes quite well if they do them to fit all

100 and *cough* kg of me.
Reply to
Depresion

It is a load of bollocks.

I'm verging on 'dangerously obese' according to the BMI charts.

OK, I'm a couple of stone over where I was when I was running for Greater Manchester, but even at that weight I was well into 'overweight'.

Reply to
SteveH

Underweight is showing as

Reply to
Clive George

I notice you neglected to post your number ;-) ?

Reply to
DanB

Reply to
DanB

Ok, I'm moderately skinny (21.2), so it flatters me, but you might want to watch it a bit. You've come to the age where the weight comes on and you think 'nah, that'll be fine', and before you know it you're a tubby middle aged bloke with a heart attack waiting to happen. You're looking in the mirror and still seeing your younger, fitter self - take a look at what's changed.

The key is "was" running. Are you still doing it? How much exercise are you actually doing? (see PC Paul's recent comments on how hard it is to start again after a long break...)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

T'is rare a night that Steve doesn't accompany me on the MSN - I think he needs more exercise! Go to the gym, that's what corporate types do innit :-p? Obviously you HAVE to take your iPod and jog with it on. And take a bottle of expensive water too.

Reply to
DanB

Likewise, 46-48 chest, 38 waist, 34 inside leg, fits like a glove. And=20 comfy to drive in, sit in, stand in. Some look good standing in the=20 changing room, but as soon as you sit in the car you get chaffing with=20 hair stretch.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

30.6 but it is the gut that does it.
Reply to
Elder

*waves*
Reply to
Elder

31.5

Mind you, even at my best, I was around 29 anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

28.5. I'm almost svelte considering I'm hardly a lightweight.
Reply to
Pete M

Did you say you were 7' tall?

Reply to
PCPaul

Next to the Satnav on the soft touch dash?

Reply to
Elder

Heh.

My home office....

Reply to
SteveH

It *is* complete bollocks - if you view it as anything other than a whimsical tool created by the Government as a public relations excercise to encourage healthier living.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Damned right, no matter how hard you try it won't shift, so in the end you grab a beer and kebab to console yourself.

Reply to
Elder

I am covered in muscles. It is what is covering the muscles that is the problem.

Reply to
Elder