Re: OT: Back from the wildernes.

I've contacted Bulldog yesterday, but they can't promise anything until > Monday.

> Hmm, the copper is BTs, but it is unbundled now, and Bulldog are my > actual telco. Not sure who ownership of the actual physical wiring is.

BT - they simply rent it to Bulldog. BT will do any repairs, but probably have to be told to by Bulldog. IIRC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

OK Cheers. When you try to dial out, there is no tone, and you can't even hear the tones dialing.

When you try to dial in, there is a solid very annoying noise.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Sounds like there's no DC on the line - so probably one wire broken somewhere. If you had an old phone which had an led etc which lit up when going hands free etc, that would prove it. Although all phones - except cordless types - are powered from the line, so won't give dialling pulses if there's no DC.

Unobtainable.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yep, sounds like it to me. Although the Bulldog tones are slightly diffent to BT ones, and it's been awhile since I last recall hearing an unobtainable tone.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar