Re: Silly mods for the Escort

Why bother? Instead of wasting your money and probably ending up with a > car

> in bits that never gets finished (assuming you do it yourself, because > it'll cost a fortune at a garage and definately wont be worth it), sell it > for what you can and buy something that you'll enjoy more. How about an > XR4x4 2.8 V6? :)

Yeah didn't take into consideration that he might employ a grease monkey... It really isnt worth it G-Man...

I want a XR4x4 2.8 V6 :( + nitrous to make use of that yummy capacity of course :D

*starts to trawl ebay*
Reply to
REMUS

I want it!

Reply to
REMUS

I could think of better track day cars TBH. The engine isnt all that special in standard form. My MR2 (in its current sorry state) would probably run rings round it. Although saying that, it is a fun car, but I have other projects on the horizon so it will need to go sometime soon.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well yeah its not a sensible choice, just for fun I would like to work on a

2.8 v6 engine.

You want to sell your mr2 or XR4x4?

*confused*
Reply to
REMUS

I currently plan to take the 75 on a track day in September...... just needs a little fettle for an MOT (praise the lord for cheap, honest spanner monkeys) then I'll sticker it up with some Alfa cross and serpent logos and take it to the track.

It doesn't have to look too pretty, so long as the important mechanical bits are well sorted.

Reply to
SteveH

Any mods are silly on an Escort if they're going to cost you lots more than the car's worth. Just flog the Escort on eBay to anyone stupid enough to buy it and buy something have decent.

Reply to
Homer

To be fair the mk5,6 and 7 escorts arn't bad family/day to day cars, RS turbos are cheap(ish) tuneable sleepers, plus the Escort RS Cosworth is a very nice piece of engineering and I love mk2 Escorts.

But of course thats all my opinion.

Reply to
REMUS

If it wasn't for the beer, I wouldn't have bothered replying to you ya clueless f*ck.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

It does that with the 1.6 I4 Zetec...

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

That's not fair. My Scorty has served well. I just got bored of it and things like the Focus make me depressed in terms of the driving experience. If I sold this car as is, someone else would have a comfortable reliable machine to take them from A-B quite easily, with minimal of fuss, a nice air con'd athmosphere and in comfort.

It's just that I wanna f*ck about and make it better...

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

Nah, I'm with ya. After actually owning and driving one for a fair bit, I'm in a better position than most of the Ford haters out there to slag it. The Mk7 Escort is a *much* better car than the Mk5/6. The ride and handling is vastly improved over the previous two models and the general driveability is much better. Lay off it. It's no Focus, but it does the job.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

You don't actually know very much about these car things, do you?

Reply to
SteveH

The Escort Cosworth isn't actually an Escort, though.

Reply to
SteveH

The badge on the back says Escort. Whether or not it has the same chassis as an Escort is immaterial.

Just like an X-type is an X-type, not a Mondeo.

...and an Alfa is an Alfa, not a shed.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

Good man. Which circuit?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Except when it's an Arna

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah but it'll be reasonably light being stripped out, and the suspension sounds properly sorted so it should go round a track quick.

Reply to

Steve's a sheep shagger 'aint he? ;) My bet is Anglesey.

Reply to

XR4x4 almost definately. MR2 maybe :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah sure, it'll probably be a lot of fun, but my point was you could buy a standard car that would be just as quick, if not quicker. The money spent on sorting the XR could have made a quicker car even quicker IYSWIM

Reply to
Carl Gibbs