Re-trimming seats

Has anyone had this done before? What sort of price would you be talking to retrim 2 seats in velour/alacantre type material (ie not leather)?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I've looked into it and found the biggest problem is getting a material match. If you can't, then you may as well pick up a set of plainly patterned Recaros from a scrappy.

Reply to
SteveH

Depends really, it is quite expensive... So really unless you are doing it to enhance your interiors aesthetics, I would do as Steve says and source an old interior in better condition.

Reply to
REMUS

It'll be to enhance aesthetics on the MX5. Red in the middle, with black on the outside kind of thing. Coupled with retrimming the gear gaiter and handbrake gaitor to match.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Cheap option.... set of 'Max Power' seat covers from Halfords ;-)

Seriously, though, it's just an aging MX5 (not that there's anything wrong with that) - it's not worth the expense to make it look nicer.[1]

[1] Very subjective, this. IMHO, contrasting colours like that look shit.
Reply to
SteveH

Errrrrrrrrrrm NO :)

Well it will probably be kept for another 2.5 years until the loan for it is paid off, then it'll probably be changed for a new one. Until then the missus wants to spruce it up a bit.

I dunno, there's a new MX5 that has that kind of trim as standard and looks pretty cool. And mine has black outside, with beige inside on the seats - sounds horrible but suits the car really really well.

Might have a go retrimming the door cards, gear and handbrake gaitors ourselves first, and see how that looks. Should be able to do that for about £20, and if it looks crap we can just revert back to how it was without wasting large sums of money.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

£500-600 for a good job with good material.
Reply to
Depresion

carl if you're a memember of the Mk1 club there's a guy there that'll do retrims on almost anything, i'm sure he'd help you out on a re-trim with advice ect. i forget the guys name but if you track down a guy called steve kingsnorth with a mica blue supercharger he knows the trim bloke ;)

Reply to
Vamp