Re: Yeah, yeah... get your facts straight eh, YFTCs...

>Sounds like fun(!) > >But =A360 a month? Jeeeez! Do you live in the middle of Bahgdad?=20 >

Second (no no NCD) car, with an engine swap. Always going to be pricey.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Second (no no NCD) car, with an engine swap. Always going to be pricey.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Close....... :-P

Reply to
SteveH

...but no cigar - I've yet to have to replace any windows on this place due to the actions of a few chavs.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Like I've said elsewhere... includes the other car as well, and the 106 has no NCB as of yet.

That aside... Volvo 340, right?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Ah ok, that's not so bad then.

Nah, 360. None of this renault rubbish in my car!

When I got my first quote with the 2.3 engine and no NCD it was about £500 p/a fully comp with third party on any car (a luxury for a young un like me). I've now jiggled things around so the Manta is on a bonus accelerator policy with 1 years NCD and the Volvo is just about to get 3 years NCD and will then be transferred to a more mod friendly company and the serious work can then begin! Hopefully it'll only be £300-£400.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

A sit is a RWD car, see if any of the hotrod club/associations will take=20 you on. they tend to have very mod friendly insurance as their cars are=20 custom built.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Just paid £346FC on the Marea, 20k miles, with business use.

The 75 cost me £240FC, 10k miles, business use.

Reply to
SteveH

Need to find a better insurer. A decent one will give you an equivalent discount to the NCB on your main car.

Reply to
Conor

I've got business use on both of mine plus two other named drivers, both of which have points etc.

I've also got a £25 windscreen excess and TP extension which covers me to ride other peoples bikes, as well as cars.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Pretty much what I've got - but my windscreen excess is 60 quid and only one other named driver.

The named drivers with points will have a significant loading effect, though.

Reply to
SteveH

I thought all companies wanted £50/60 excess on screens these days, til I looked through the T&C of my policy the other day.

I also *have* to deal with the local office rather than their main offices for changes of vehicle etc., so no battery hens in India etc.

All in all I'm very happy with the service I've had from them, and the way they operate and treat their customers.

Maybe... but cheaper than a ban for driving home pissed from the pub.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH