Reckon its possible...

...that if you had your suspension set a bit too low and a bit too hard you might cause the windscreen to crack?

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

Probably yea, the shock has to go somewhere.

Pics :) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

Pics of a cracked windscreen? Are you really that bored?

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

yes :)

Reply to
Vamp

if your suspension is too hard you will also start pulling the welds out of the panels the shock has to go somewhere to be absorbed

Reply to
dojj

Ever seen a car with a screen that's de-laminating? Same effect only slower and car needs no mods to achive. Car body is shit in torsion. Modern cars with bonded in screens are quite dependant on the screen to give decent torsional strength. Many are excessively dependant and sometime around 100K on the screen gives up and starts to de-laminate.

Peter Hill

Well its not *that* hard...i don't think..

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

This has happened after about 1500 miles :) Altho it didn't happen while driving, it cracked while lyin up for 2 weeks

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

so is it possible it had a stonechip that the current climate helped turn into a crack?

is it possible something knocked it and cracked it (the screen)

is it on the inside or outside layer of glass?

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

Well it was parked inside and starts too low to have been a chip

It starts below the panel that covers the bottom of the screen/wipers etc so no

I can see it from inside and outside :)