Shamelessly nicked.....

from UKRM, but well worth posting here:

SteveH

Aamzing and omg Sabrewolf I forgot all about that, us older gits will remember those days well :)

Remember MasterTronic?

:D Ron

Reply to
Ronny

They were the days. £1.99 tapes from Boots and WH Smiths. Could this be the reason I won't buy games now - why should I pay £20 or so for something with less playability?

Reply to
SteveH

Fantastic, nostalgic feel good factor 10/10 for me.

Reply to
Johnny

Fantastic :-)) That brought back a few memories!!

Cheers!! Mike

Reply to
Mike P

LOL, sad thing is I can still name them all and remember playing them. Manic Miner, Ant Attack, Enduro Racer, Elite, Sabre Wulf, Underworld, Trans Am, Knightlore, Jetpack, The Hobbit, Lords of Midnight, Jetset Willy Time to get out the emulator again.

Reply to
Homer

... the keyboard destroying Daley Thompson's decathlon.

Reply to
Johnny

Hehe Read error B :)

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Oh shit I remember that, I once snapped a joystick clean in half playing that game LOL!

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

On the Apple - made by Microsoft!

Reply to
Questions

Joystick!!?! you flash get. :o)

Reply to
Johnny

Underworld,

I broke 5 quickshot 2's playing DTD was a class game, wiggle it like f*ck, lasted bout 3 months, then they brought out the quickshot 2 Turbo with microswitches I was like woohoo, still broke a few of them as well :)

Reply to
Ron

1st computer was a C64 I was 11 and got it as a xmas present, it came with the Ghostbusters package, that was a class game, fav game on the c64 was flight path 737, woah what a simulator :). my best mate had a Spectrum 48k with rubber keyboard the best ones, best game on that was wheelie and lunar jetman, the one where u can pick up the teleporter and u had to stop the missle being lunched from the back of that truck. 1st computer I ever played on was a ZX81 and I played T - Rex it was a maze type game where you had to move and dodge the trex lol anyone remember that? 1st ever console was an intellivision, best games were lock and chase, and Frog Bog, before that was a binatone tennis thing :)

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Oooh, it's old computers lists ;-)

ZX81 when I was 11-ish Dragon 32 CGL / Sord M5 Atari 65XE Amstrad CPC6128 Amiga

Also had (and still have) a couple of Vectrex consoles.

then I moved on to PCs before junking them for Apples.

Reply to
SteveH

My go:

ZX81, complete with tape-deck that we never got to work, which meant typing in the entire 1000-line BASIC script of this game that was printed in a magazine, every time we wanted to play it. It didn't get used much.

Amstrad PCW8256 (with 512K RAM upgrade, oooh)

Dell 316SX (16MHZ 386)

Pentium 133 (I think) - Dell

Then that got nicked (had a burglary) and it was replaced with a Dell P3/700.

Well, they're all family computers really, my first was a Dell P3/700 (different one),

then an IBM Thinkpad T20,

and a Time P2/500 system I bought off a mate 'cos it had a tower case, which I robbed the HDD from as mine packed up, and is now sitting unused.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Mine list goes like this:

  1. Binatone B & W game system!
  2. Amstrad CPC6128
  3. Dell 486SX 25Mhz (later upgraded to a 100Mhz DX/4)
  4. Pentium 233Mhz with MMX I might add!
  5. Pentium 3 450Mhz
  6. Shuttle SFF XPC Pentium 4 2.26ghz
  7. Upgraded machine 8 to my present day machine, a 3.06ghz P4
Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

hehe yeah, it was called a cheetah or something like that. 10 quid a pop from Argos I seem to remember. Got through a few of those!

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Mine as follows

Binatone Intellivision Commodore 64 Atari STFM 512k only for carrier command :) Ollivetti < radio rentals>PC - 486 sx 25, when 4 mb ram cost 100 quid PC Various up to my gaming machine now

I also recently got a Spectrum from ebay 48k rubber key

Ron

Ron

Reply to
Ron

What did that cost you? I still have mine sitting around somewhere.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Think I paid about 40 quid for it, with loads of games etc :)

Reply to
Ronny