Shock Horror!

The Capri, it lives.

After watching "Capri 4 Me" on Men and Motors last night, I decided it was probably time that I got the ol' thing back on the road.

Those with long memories will remember that the cambelt snapped back in September '04. The last day it was taxed. There I was driving back from work in Chester, thinking that I should really change the camshaft and do the valve stem oil seals when all went quiet on the engine front.

It sat in the garage until today, with a solitary wash back in April '05, although I did buy new brake calipers for it at some point. I'm going to fit them tonight.

Just glad it was the belt on the Capri, and not on something more modern.

On the look out for a nicely fettled RS2000 head with a mild cam now.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@usenet.zapto.org...

Cheap power.

Stick 1.6 head on. Stupid compression ratio, Use super unleaded. more go, but you need to stall it to stop it running backwards like a diesel engine when you turn off the ignition! Makes good power for a bit, espesh with race cam.

Reply to
Burgerman