should I, or shouldn't I?

Pete M raved thus:

:: fancy getting an XJ6 Series 3, S-Class, 7 series, Range Rover, 3.0 :: Capri

I've only seen Capri 3.0's with autoboxes which was a bit of a putoff. Did they only do autos or have I just missed seeing manuals?

You not fancy a 2.8?

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

It's also got a downright small interior for a car of its size.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

In news:K3iPb.7453$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net, ¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤ decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I've had 2.8i's in the past, but they're just not as grunty as a 3.0. quicker, granted, but not as torquey. Oh, and the 3.0 Ghias tended to be auto, the 3.0S were normally manual.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M raved thus:

:: quicker, granted, but not as torquey. Oh, and the 3.0 Ghias tended :: to be auto, the 3.0S were normally manual.

Ah, that'll be it then. I think there were four or five 3.0 Ghias round my way when I was looking (ages ago now...) Heh, there was a matt black one with huge arches in a local banger garage going for about £400.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Just missed seeing manuals. There were a few manuals on E-bay last year but they're mainly 4 speed.

Reply to
Conor

Did they make a 3 litre with a 5 speed?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk, Dave Plowman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Nope, but if you use the bellhousing from a 2.5 Essex out of a Zodiac / Zephyr / Consul / Granada Mk1, then you can use the 5 speed from a 2.8i. Works well too.

Reply to
Pete M

I'd worry, if they were V6s in a 190...

Richard