Smell the desperation :-)

Ah right. Cool.

Yup, I know. I've got one.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I'm second from right

You're second from right on this though aren't you

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Meester Dudwey.

Me wuv you long time.

Reply to
SteveH

It was an explanation why my mistake on USG >< Imp Gallons.

And you use the word penis in the above context too easy to have one.

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

He appeared to know the road very well. Either that, or he was just a mentalist.

Watlington between Henley and M40 J6, on my way back from Stokenchurch

I go up there quite often now, it's quite a fun road if there's not much traffic about.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

No it wasn't, it's a load of old c*ck by which you attempt to justify your talking bollocks.

Again, that doesn't make sense. Try in French.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You lose points, you didn't manage to fit in anything about closet paedophile (literally) corrupt police officers. Nor anything about the only thing keeping the country solvent is the money they rip-off from the EU each year.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hmmm.

'chip eating, wife beating, corrupt, bankrupt, paedophillic surrender monkeys'

Starting to get a bit long when you list all that country's failings.

Reply to
SteveH

Upto I think 1994 non interference. After is VVTi is interference.

UK belt change was 60k on both versions. In Australia and US old engine was 100k, new was 60k.

Reply to
Elder

%steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'm more astonished that a 5yo Lexus has a less modern ignition system than a 25yo Citroen CX. Or, come to that, a 50+yo DS or any 2cv.

Reply to
Adrian

That's bullshit.

I still see large engined Jaguars, both normally aspirated and supercharged petrol V8s in other European countries, so "extinct" is bollocks. The markets in many European countries are rigged to favour home producers and taxation regimes favour cars under 2 litres and diesel. This hasn't anything to do with anything other than politics.

If you're happy driving around in a tractor with all the grace and style of an East European road-digger then good on you. But don't try and pass it off as anything other than some bizarre bean-counter's wet dream.

FFS, it's not as if Belgians are particularly noted for their driving talent, is it? Most Germans flinch every time they see the red and white number plate, knowing it means that the driver approaching is going to be completely clueless.

Reply to
Steve Firth

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

"Belgian". It's a strong enough insult on it's own...

(Actually, I like Belgium and have quite a few good friends from BE.)

Reply to
Adrian

Tom De Moor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It's just that since NOBODY but the US has ever used their own particular gallon size, it's not exactly an easy or common mistake to make...

Reply to
Adrian

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

There have been some. Briefly.

Reply to
Adrian

It was a favourite of DNA if I remember correctly.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

There were. Well established too, before 1914 and WWI got in the way

hth

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Not a great example, given the very short life of the business and the fact that they pretty much gave up after inviting the Krauts in for cheap beer ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

But in 1948 the British were making cars like this:

And the Belgians made cars like this:

Terms like "Noddy" and "Trumpton" come to mind for the "Imperia".

Reply to
Steve Firth

None of the above. It's just different to the US Gallon, and it happens to be the one people from the UK use. Meaning if someone from the UK is quoting how many miles per gallon they get from a car, then that's the gallon they're probably on about. Comprendez?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Heh - we talking the bit between Watlington and Nettlebed? (B481 IIRC) I guess so, as the fast bit from there into Henley isn't difficult to do quickly.

At the risk of sounding like a Harry Enfield character - you don't wanna go that way from Stokenchurch to Henley (don't know if you're hopping on and off the M40 or just carrying on up the A40) - you wanna carry on down past junction 5 towards Ibstone and down the back roads, joining the Marlow Road into Henley around Hambleden, near the Management College. Much more fun.

Reply to
AstraVanMann